ugh...another "black rifle" question
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ugh...another "black rifle" question

Hey guys.

I see all these hoo haa coming in here asking about air soft and paint ball and such.

Now. Me being a gun guy and actually owning an AR. I do know the insides and outsides of a ar15/m16. Now actually having hands on expirence and knowing the rifle will that be of any assitance? Such as field stripping and cleaning.

I have heard also that the Corps way of aiming is different. Is this true? Friend said take all the ways you aim in the sights and throw it out. Lol

Just curious. I know it doesn't really matter but curiousity got the best of me.

My turn!

First, read the site rules...it's not 'guys/girls', it's Marines.

And, to answer your question, forget EVERYTHING you think you know about the AR-15/M-16A2. Don't do any sort of shooting or anything else with your personal weapon until AFTER you have returned from Recruit Training.

You have much, much, to UNLEARN and the Rifle Range will only be more difficult if you *think* you know how to shoot. You DON'T. The Marine Corps will teach you how. Unlearn your bad habits NOW.

Everything you need to know about the M-16A2 rifle will be taught to you the Marine Corps way, and that's all you need to know.

Also, I'm curious as to when your shipdate is? All poolees who are in the DEP have shipdates, and you don't.

How can there really be a different way to aim? "Clear tip of the front site post is halfway up and centered from Left to Right in the blur of the rear sight appature!" I'll be purchasing my first AR15 soon, can't wait!

Yes. My fault. I let the "guys" slide. Usually post on other forums. I looked to edit it, but do not see a edit button.

My shipdate is Jan 11th. I though I updated.

And I fully understand that they will teach me everything. Forget about all I know. Got it.

I will say though blindfolded I can do my field strips in 25sec. But as told that does not matter anymore.

I figured it would be a waste of time asking, but I am sure its not the worst that's been asked?

No, it's not, and no worries. You are naturally excited and 'rarin to go'. The fact that you'll be able to field strip your weapon and know the parts already IS an advantage, at least in the first few weeks of Recruit Training.

However, I'm serious about forgetting your other shooting knowledge. It'll do nothing but make things more difficult for you during Range Week.

Good luck!

Thank you. I'm always open for correction and love to learn as much as I can. It always comes in handy to be well rounded and knowledgable in every subject because you never know what situation you may be put in.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Last time I stripped my S&W 1911 a spring left the room. You never know what situation you may be put in.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    Last time I stripped my S&W 1911 a spring left the room. You never know what situation you may be put in.
    Better leaving the room than sticking in your eye (had that happen once).

I am truely sorry God did not give you a penis. But, does the whole free world have to suffer for it. Your profile leaves some curious as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    Everything you need to know about the M-16A2 rifle will be taught to you the Marine Corps way, and that's all you need to know.

Also, I'm curious as to when your shipdate is? All poolees who are in the DEP have shipdates, and you don't.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    DM,,,,,,, You just made my black list,,,,,,, This thread is open to all,,, Nothing more will I say here.

I am crushed, Tired of a 1 year PFC picking on a bunch of kids..

DM,,,,,,, You just made my black list,,,,,,, This thread is open to all,,, Nothing more will I say here.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You just picked a side a thousand to one. You better go sober.

please don't embarrass yourself

You just picked a side a thousand to one. You better go sober.

Enough. SHE has as much right to be here as YOU, ME, or anyone else. She polices the area, like it or not.

Knock it off. Now.

Thread Information