Need some help and advice
Create Post

Need some help and advice

Alright guys, I've been in DEP since early July of '09 and at MEPs I got around 60 crunches in and 9 pull ups, my RSS PT's every day for 3 hours during the summer and now during school we PT every Tuesday and Thursday from about 1700-1930. Well in mid september I got into a car accident and destroyed my shoulder, had to get a few nuts and bolts in(which later got taken out because I explained my situation to the doctors) Well I am fully recovered and now I cant get pull ups. Ive never really had a problem doing pull ups, I use to do pull ups to increase my pull ups but now that I cant get ANY(which is pathetic!) I dont know what to do to get my numbers back up before June 21st. Suggestions please.

maybe you should just go to a rehab center and tell them what happend and see what they can do for you

Do negatives (get a step or a bench or jump and get into pull-up up position and slowly lower yourself down). That and train the involved muscles (grip, biceps, lats, shoulders)

Quote Originally Posted by joshbenson21 View Post
    maybe you should just go to a rehab center and tell them what happend and see what they can do for you
    This

Is it because it hurts, or because you are just weak? If your just weak, then try the armstrong program, or search for the thread on this site, which has a ton of suggestions for pull ups

If it's painful you need to go back to rehab. I spent 8 months in rehab after my shoulder surgery last year. It worked wonders.

Rehab and make sure you should be doing pull ups first. You dont want to hurt your shoulder again.

Its just from the lack of muscle from not being able to work out. But yah Im gonna start doing negatives and stuff, lat pull downs (which I can do about a set of 10 with 120lbs which isnt bad due to my past injury) im gonna start going to the gym again now along with PT twice a week and that should help me out. Thanks guys

work on the assisted pullup machine

Thread Information