Suggest MOS
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggest MOS

Question Suggest MOS

Hello Marines,

I am 15 and have decided that I am going to join the Marine Corps (that is if I can get into shape in time. I'm not the most "muscular" haha)

I am looking into a lot of different MOS and would like some suggestions.

I wouldn't mind a combat MOS, but not infantry preferably. Maybe artillery. I've also played Alto Saxophone since I was 10-11. Maybe the Marine Band.

I also have been learning about the Drill instructors and have a lot of respect for them, and hope to gain so much more after boot camp. MAybe a drill instructor?

If I could get some information from Marine from all of these MOS, and some information on others that would be great.

Semper Fi

First there young man, you DO NOT rate to say Semper Fi here, you haven't EARNED the title.
    Second, if you haven't read the rules in the poolee forum and the Ask A Marine forums yet, you should.
    Third, here's a link to Marine Corps MOS's.......
    United States Marine Corps Enlisted Job Descriptions and Qualification Factors
    Main Menu
    http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlis...marinejobs.htm

if you don't want to go grunt you do have Artillery, Combat Engineers, and AAVs. keep your grades good in school and score high on the ASVAB and you could pick any MOS in the combat field you want! Stay Hard, Stay Motivated, Semper Fi

Forgive wmarine. It won't happen again.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    No one can suggest an MOS to you......you should pick an MOS for YOURSELF one that you are qualified for and one that you can do and live with daily for your enlistment contract.

A recruiter will not talk to you at all because of your age.

Due to your age you are putting your priorities in the wrong place.

You need to continue with school and get an accredited diploma.

Follow a PT workout that will get you in physical shape to join the Marine Corps.

Eat a healthy diet that pairs well with your PT regime.

Read these forums....there is a wealth of information at your finger tips.

Go to the library or download the practice ASVAB test.

Study all the essential subjects to prepare your self for a Marine Corps tour.

However two more years with parental/legal guardian signature is what you will need to join at 17.

Good luck and hit the recruiter up in two years!

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    First there young man, you DO NOT rate to say Semper Fi here, you haven't EARNED the title.
    Second, if you haven't read the rules in the poolee forum and the Ask A Marine forums yet, you should.
    Third, here's a link to Marine Corps MOS's.......
    United States Marine Corps Enlisted Job Descriptions and Qualification Factors
    Main Menu
    http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlis...marinejobs.htm

If a 15 year old kid walked up to you on the street, shook your hand, told you he wanted to be just like you, and then said "Semper Fi", would you really say "DON'T SAY SEMPER FI! YOU DON'T RATE THAT!"? He's 15, leave him alone!

First off lil buddy, like Phantom said, put your priorities in order. You don't need to worry about what your job in the Marine Corps is going to be yet. You still got plenty of time until you need to worry about that. You're priorities right now should be as followed:
    -Do well in school
    -Chase Girls
    -Have fun
    -Excersize regularly
    -be an information sponge
    -STAY OUT OF TROUBLE and KEEP AWAY FROM DRUGS!

I was just like you when I was your age. I couldn't wait to enlist in the Marine Corps, it's all I ever really thought about. But, because of that, I let my grades slip in high school because I thought "I'm not gonna need college" and I regret that everyday of my life. Just stay focused on the task at hand.

But anways, being skinny doesnt mean a damn thing. I'm a pretty skinny dude and I ran circles around the bigger guys at boot camp and I still do now. It's all about heart, that's the strongest muscle in the body. But dont get me wrong, lifting weights can't hurt haha.

And to repeat what Komenko said, STAY HARD, STAY MOTIVATED, and SEMPER FI little dude!

thanks marines. Don't worry no drugs, no alcohol, and a 4.0 gpa. And don't worry smutty puffs. I'll chase those girls

Hahaha Oohrah dude. Sound's like you got the right mentality.

I was skinny also, well, I still am. It doesn't mean much, other then you have to try a little harder on the Combat Fitness Test (worry about that later). When I was in HS I knew I was going to join the Marines right after, so I let my grades meet the minimum to consider myself a senior and graduate. This was before I knew about what I could be doing right now, like actually going to college and becoming an officer. I regret that, because I know I can make a 4.0 if I try, but I got lazy. Just focus on graduating highschool to the best of your ability, and PT (mostly run, 3 years of running will really set you apart).

I got my Companies record for the CFT, and like I said, I'm skinny as all hell.

I think you've misunderstood. I'm not skinny, but not overweight. I'm just not muscular.

Whatever man. You get the point.

i got out right before they started to use the CFT. heard they changed the rifle qual too.

Yeah I do. Thank you. I'm just a person who likes to plan way ahead so its set when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Komenko View Post
    i got out right before they started to use the CFT. heard they changed the rifle qual too.
    CFT is pretty pointless. It's a good PT workout, but I don't think it should be something thats scored.

Rifle Qual scores are broken up between Table 1 (regular Qual) and Table 2 (combat shoot with flak kevlar and the targest are only about 30 meters away). You're scores are combined and thats how you get you're overall scored. So much for K.I.S.S.

Thread Information