Corpsmen
Create Post

Thread: Corpsmen

Corpsmen

They are a special breed. I had an experience/relationship with one, while I was recovering from combat wounds, that was beyond special.
    We were in a "ward" at Great Lakes Naval Hospital, my guess is there was 100 Marines in various stages of recovery. One of my "Docs" and I developed a strong relationship. We shared our life experiences, at least up to that point in life, and he helped me immeasurably by keeping me motivated to get out of the hospital, even though he knew I had little to look forward to. But, he didn't give up on me and one day he said to me, "The day you get out of here I'm going to give you my pea coat."
    I'm sure that some of you remember that pea coats were like currency, Marines would do/give anything to get one and here was this complete stranger offering to give me his. It wasn't a small commitment because it was February when I got out and I had nothing to wear except a shirt and pants given to me by a woman from the Marine Corps League. Besides that he had to have a coat and I have no idea what happened.
    I wish that I could somehow find him and others that helped me so I could tell them what it meant to me.
    That's my story about Corpsmen, they are the BEST!
    Jack

Here is the place to start your search,provide some info and maybe someone can help you.

http://www.corpsman.com/forum/

Thread Information