TV making a mockery of the Corps once again. - Page 6
Create Post
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    I can't stand how they salute on tv or movies. They never get it right. Elbow up to high, bent wrist. ticks me off

Quote Originally Posted by EGA1957 View Post
    As a tidbit, here's a little more about Charles Durning: http://www.military-money-matters.com/charles-durning.html.

What I neglected to ask in the previous post was why no-one commented about the use of a MOH in that episode, especially since the DOD (in a previous post) was said to run a tight ship.

And now my curiosity is, is the MOH that was shown and even worn on the episode, the Navy or the Army style (or an entire fabrication)?
    It's the proper navy style, and it was worn, and correctly.

Convulsive
    Guest Free Member
    That's almost as bad as that new movie Avatar putting Marines in ****ing Army Cammie's! and all their uniforms looked disgusting on top of that. ****ing Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by Convulsive View Post
    That's almost as bad as that new movie Avatar putting Marines in ****ing Army Cammie's! and all their uniforms looked disgusting on top of that. ****ing Hollywood.

For the 500 billionth time, there are no active duty Marines potrayed in Avatar. They are mercenaries. And those are definitely not Army camies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotel4341 View Post
    For the 500 billionth time, there are no active duty Marines potrayed in Avatar. They are mercenaries. And those are definitely not Army camies.
    Regardless, I can't imagine getting bent out of shape about something like that. The movie takes place in the year 2154. I promise our uniforms will look different 144 years from now.

I agree with erased. and yes, they are former Marines working for a company like black water.

Thread Information