TV making a mockery of the Corps once again.
Create Post
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

TV making a mockery of the Corps once again.

So my spouse and myself are watching television, Law and Order SVU to be exact and im playing with my phone and i hear somthing about Marines and Cherry Point so i glance up and start watching intently, and as soon as they show a Marine in court, this is what i see..

I may be wrong here but i am sure i am not, i belive that MSgt in the backround has the wrong chevrons on his Alphas, none of the actors representing the Marines had a regulation haircut.. another thing i noticed is they had a 1st Lt and his silver bars where position the wrong direction and measurments on his charlie shirt but i could not get a picture in time...

is this really what the media has came down to? its not even that hard to research alittle before you film a show.

just my .02 cents... but then again im just a LCpl, im not paid to think,

ROFL i remeber my pal Garza had the same thing happen to him. he gave the tailors the wrong chevrons to put on his Alphas. I looked at him and was puzzled why he didn't look the same as the others in my platoon. then bam i told him to take the coat off and return it to the tailors with the right chevrons. poor guy didn't pass inspection that day!

I'm pretty sure something HAS to be wrong for the media/film to use a military uniform, if played by a non-ranking member. IE, the uniform has to be wrong if it's not a Marine wearing it. They don't rank to wear the "proper" uniform. But that doesn't mean the chevrons have to be completely wrong like that though...

Now, I could be wrong...

If they can't get it right they shouldn't put it on the tube, stupid azzes.

my wife thinks im making to big a deal out of this.

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    When you look at tv and movies, you have to understand that very little of this is factual. Most shows have the same discrepancies. This is an example of how we Marines can see them.

Dr's, cops, lawyers....all see the same things as we can here

TV and movies are fake for the most part. Authenticity is not guaranteed

Ole Top appears barely legal

Quote Originally Posted by jetdawgg View Post
    TV and movies are fake for the most part. Authenticity is not guaranteed
    What? Say it aint so!!

Polizei is correct. Actors have to wear an improper uniform since they aren't members of the military. I think they should at least get the haircut, but most actors are probably picky about their hair.

Any of you watch Smallville? The 'Marine' in Dress Blues in season one is all jacked up. But that's how it's supposed to be, and they do a good job in making it obvious he does not rate to wear the actual uniform.

It seems to me that the Marines depicted on the show, "JAG," wore pretty much correct uniforms. One of the main characters was a WM Major, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by 3522 View Post
    It seems to me that the Marines depicted on the show, "JAG," wore pretty much correct uniforms. One of the main characters was a WM Major, I believe.
    Sarah (Mac) MacKenzie was a Lt. Colonel by the shows end in 2005.

If you look at the films that R Lee Ermey, Dale Dye and others that you know are Marines they wear it correctly. It is true that if you were not a Marine there has to be a flaw of some type. The creator of JAG and NCIS is Donald P. Bellisario and you guessed it...a Former Marine. He looks for the most accuracy as the show represent the Marine Corps and the Navy, so if you watch those shows, you will not or at least I haven't seen any discrepancies, and as the rest of you I look at everything portraying Marines.

Semper Fi!!

That episode of Law and Order was a rerun. I remember watching movie about a Marine years back and he not only had the wrong ribbons for the war he was in but they kept swapping them around from scene to scene. If you really want to get teed off look at that trash anti war film with John Voight. Bruce Dern plays a Marine captain with hair longer than my daughter.

So we're talking about Catherine Bell now, right?

Thread Information