frosty
Create Post

Thread: frosty

frosty

Wanting to hear from any Marine who was in The Nam 68 - 70 and may have known my husband, Joseph S Denillo. He passed Sept, 24th 2008 from effects of agent orange. He was a Marine to the end, served his country with pride and dignity. and I quote "stay frosty, shoot to kill, your ass is mine" oh and "I am smiling"

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    OOHRAAA, Sorry for his passing. I pray you be well,,,,,

l......

Lame

My husband said he was First Recon First Marine First Division needless to say he did not say much. Said he was one of the "walking dead". Could you explain some of this to me. I miss him.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Sorry for your loss!

That was 1st Battalion 9th Marines in Vietnam.

You may find some connection here.

http://www.thewalkingdead.org/

Semper-Fi!

Thank you but I don't what company. He spoke of Khe Sanh, Tet, Perfume River, Hue, A Shau Valley, Phu Bai. How do I find that?

Sorry for your loss, looks like another fine Marine is guarding the gates of Heaven. Semper Fidelis.

I miss him so much,,,,,still trying to stay frosty,,,,he was, still is and will always be the best I ever had the pleasure to know

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I don't know...but from that website is another part that has Marines and corpsmans email addresses on it.....

It wouldn't hurt to send an email with the pertinent information you have and see what kind of responses you get.

Put 1st Battalion 9th Marines Do You Know....in your subject line....and see what happens....can't hurt.

http://www.thewalkingdead.org/19vete...sternames.html

Will do, again thank-you. Will quite sniffeling and stay grateful for the time I had with him. Don't get me wrong he was a "prick" but he was a good man and a better Marine,,,,OOOOOHRAAA Semper Fi

Ps I did get a tatoo of a K-bar, a red rose and a butter fly on the top of my foot. He did not have any tatoos because he did not want any identifing marks. The rose is for the last rose he bought me the butterfly,,,long story short, when he was sick he said he would feel better if he ripped their wings off.

Thank-you for your time

Credits
    Savings
    Images

!

Semper Fi, sorry for your loss. I was with 1/9 the Walking Dead after my time in Nam with Lima 3/1. All you need to do is Google 1/9 the walking dead, there story is well known to every Marine past and present. Again, I know it's hard but chin up girl your husband is with you every day.

Semper Fi

I have filed for his OMPF. Was told it was pulled and location is unknown. He spoke of Africa, Central America, South America, Sri Lanka and Toronto. Occasionally bought Soldier of Fortune rag to catch current events. Boot camp, Paris Island 1966, later Pendelton, Quantico, and Camp Black Jack.
    His 2 sons from a previous marriage never wanted to know him, that tore him up, in the end he gave me specific instruction of what to do if either came to my door.
    Gotta love the grunt gotta love the Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by frsoldlady View Post
    I have filed for his OMPF. Was told it was pulled and location is unknown. He spoke of Africa, Central America, South America, Sri Lanka and Toronto. Occasionally bought Soldier of Fortune rag to catch current events. Boot camp, Paris Island 1966, later Pendelton, Quantico, and Camp Black Jack.
    His 2 sons from a previous marriage never wanted to know him, that tore him up, in the end he gave me specific instruction of what to do if either came to my door.
    Gotta love the grunt gotta love the Corps.
    Just a hard Marine, Semper Fidelis.

Thread Information