Underweight Issues
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Underweight Issues

I am trying to DEP in and I've got another 2 or 3 pounds to gain and no matter what I eat; I can't gain any wait. This has been going on for almost 4 months now. Will I still be able to DEP in if I can't gain that extra weight?

What about weight trainig? Wont that work?

oops sry not a former poolee lol.

Semper Fi

If your 2-3lbs under weight and they ship you (which they should) you will get put on double rations to help you gain more weight.

When I was in Boot I was 6' and only weighed 128 lbs. When I got out of Boot I was 135 lbs.

My little brother was under weight on the way to MEPS he had to eat bananas for the extra pound or two he needed, once on the Island he was given double rations. Like Old Marine he graduated at least 10lbs heavier.

Go to the local Army/Navy Surpluss and Discount Store and buy some MRE's. Eat about 2-3 days worth of MRE's and you'll be good to go. If you really want to pack on the weight then eat a few of those bad boys at a time. Stay away from the hot sauce and jalopenose cheese

Credits
    Savings
    I'm 6'1 and 132 so I could use a little weight. Like I said, I've tried everything I could think of. I eat 6 times a day and still no weight gain.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dafireman View Post
    I'm 6'1 and 132 so I could use a little weight. Like I said, I've tried everything I could think of. I eat 6 times a day and still no weight gain.
    That's the problem. Your eating the correct way.
    Eat alot before bedtime for a few weeks then you'll see the pounds pack on!!!

Each MRE provides an average of 1,250 calories (13% protein, 36% fat, and 51% carbohydrates) and 1/3 of the Military Recommended Daily Allowance of vitamins and minerals.
    http://www.mreinfo.com/us/mre/mres.html

Get a case of them and eat it before your final weigh-in, they will stop you up and keep the pounds on you until you leave.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandrel View Post

http://www.mreinfo.com/us/mre/mres.html

Get a case of them and eat it before your final weigh-in, they will stop you up and keep the pounds on you until you leave.

Credits
    Savings
    I live right next to Quantico so I'll go up there and get some as soon as possible. I appreciate all the help.

Eat one or two giant meals a day... heh. Your metabolism will screech to a halt.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Eat high calorie...high carb meals and in between take Ensure.

Peanut butter jelly time . It's how I gained 12lb in bootcamp, and now I lost it all again, I hate a high metabolism.

Thread Information