Rifle UNK meritoriously promoted to Pfc. !
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Rifle UNK meritoriously promoted to Pfc. !

How is,or at least was,it possible for a recruit who was a third phase practest unk and a double rifle unk to be meritoriously promoted to Pfc. upon graduation from boot-camp?

What was his PFT?

I didnt even know they'd let a rifle unk graduate, much less promote him.

He should have been set back.

I don't know what his PFT score was but at least he was passing,but still.

No, I know a guy who unked twice, both table one and two, MULTIPLE times...he still graduated, and didn't get dropped...also, I know a guy in my platoon who failed the IST, and EVERY PFT in boot. He didn't get sent back, nor dropped, either.

I guess they just don't really care anymore...

Stupid... One of our requirements was Sharpshooter+ score, 1st class PFT, and something else,, can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by polizei View Post
    No, I know a guy who unked twice, both table one and two, MULTIPLE times...he still graduated, and didn't get dropped...also, I know a guy in my platoon who failed the IST, and EVERY PFT in boot. He didn't get sent back, nor dropped, either.

I guess they just don't really care anymore...
    He should have been set back with the training days not counting.

When I was in Bootcamp a guy shot himself in the head in front of me on the range. I wasnt allowed to finish the range and I was set back one week. I cant believe this.

Hey,I was in a platoon where a fellow recruit shot himself in the head right in front of me!!!!!!Were you at Camp Pendleton in 1981???

Sorry this was Parris Island in October of 1997. Delta Co. 1st RTBN.

Quote Originally Posted by devilbones View Post
    Sorry this was Parris Island in October of 1997. Delta Co. 1st RTBN.
    Holy ****, I remember hearing about that. Is this the guy who was the guide and was afraid he was going to UNk, and kept asking the guy "how many rounds you got left" before he grabbed the rifle and stuck it in his mouth?

Quote Originally Posted by firedog974 View Post
    Holy ****, I remember hearing about that. Is this the guy who was the guide and was afraid he was going to UNk, and kept asking the guy "how many rounds you got left" before he grabbed the rifle and stuck it in his mouth?
    Holy Crap!!

Quote Originally Posted by fespar View Post
    How is,or at least was,it possible for a recruit who was a third phase practest unk and a double rifle unk to be meritoriously promoted to Pfc. upon graduation from boot-camp?
    If he is a contract PFC, it does not matter if he goes unk a couple of times. As long as he still passes in the allotted attempts, he will still get PFC.

Quote Originally Posted by echo3oscar1833 View Post
    Holy Crap!!
    That is what I said when I heard the story. Hopefully this devil will let me know if what I was told is truth, or fiction.

Thread Information