John Gray aka Flatfoot Changed Duty Stations - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Good Bye Ol' Friend

So sorry to hear the sad news. You will truly be missed FlatFoot. Rest in peace and we will soon meet again!

Semper Fidelis

John Gray

God Bless and Rest In Peace

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	gray.jpg‎
Views:	228
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	2524  

I wish to give my condolesceces to John's family and his many friends. For a good Marine and Man has gone on to be with Chesty. Keep them stright buddy. SF Marine

Credits
    Savings
    My Thoughts and Prayers are with John's Family as they greeve for the loss of their Loved One. Semper Fi Flatfoot. You've completed your Mission,we have ours yet to do, but because we knew you, this is a better place for more than just a few. Love Ya JARHEAD.

Cool THURSDAY NIGHT............

At 2100 Thursday 28th of August 2003 in the Chatroom we here at leatherneck are planning on holding a Memorial Service for John.............We would like to see all his friends there.

Sempers,

Roger

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Never met the ornery SOB in person. We had many a heated discussions on the chat. I'm glad the pain is over, saddened to miss the give and take.

Hope the big guy shows him a barco-lounger, a remote, and satellite TV. He deserves no less.

GoodBye My Friend

I would like to Thank Everyone who helped hold John up this past few months. In the past few years I've heard John when he was Happy, In Anger and when he was In Pain. I have prayed that we could have the technology to cure and stop his pain.

I have been on vacation this past couple of weeks and was not able to be contacted. I received a few messages from John's "x" wife this past week as John went back into the hospital. I only wish I would have known. She sends the message of Thanks to all.

Thanks to the "Evening/Nightly" Crew in Chat. I won't try to mention names because I know I'll forget one or two. John felt close to you all. You know who you are.

Thanks to all who were in DC for the Trip. The phone call we made to him in the hospital meant so very much to John. He told me in tears one evening that phone call made a difference in his life.

A special Thanks to Ron and his wife (aka-greensideout) for making a trip this past winter to see John as he lay in the hospital. Thank you My Friend.

If I go on any further the keyboard will probably short out due to the tears that fall for this Good Man. Or maybe it's because of the guilt I feel for not being here for him.
    Regardless, I feel enriched and blessed for having known John.

As shown below, my flag will fly at half staff in Honor of John Gray until I decide to raise it back.
    As I was lowering it last night my 18 year old (Who himself will shove off to Army Basic Training in two weeks) asked; "Dad, what happened? Why are you lowering the flag"?
    All I could mutter through choking back the tears is;
    "A Friend Died".

Dear John,
    I'm so sorry.
    I'm sorry for all your pain.
    I'm sorry I wasn't here for you.
    I love ya Marine.
    I'll see you soon.
    Your Brother,
    rich

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	forjohn.jpg‎
Views:	139
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	2529  

Smile

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to say "good journey to you, John."
    I know we will meet again beyond here.
    I'm glad I got to know you and have you as my friend.

NT, Baby!!!

John Gray, or JAG as I called him was one of the few from the originial "The Few" chatroom. I've known him for a while, and we both swapped war stories of the chemo and cancer treatments, we upheld each other in the fiercest battles past the ones of the Corps. I know that he has a place at the pearly gates and in heaven awaiting us all. He is no longer in pain, and for that I am happy, but for his passing, I am saddened because I can't pick up the phone and call him or see him here on the site. I will miss him dearly, and I pray that we all can find peace in knowing one of The Few, The Proud, The Marines. Semper Fidelis JAG.

Goodbye John

I will never forget your strength and courage. I will always save a place for you in the chatroom!

Marine~Brat

~Perhaps they are not stars in the sky, but rather openings were our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy~

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    THE NEWS I JUST RECIEVED HAS SADDEN MY HEART,,,FF,YOU MANY TIMES MY FRIEND LISTEN TO ME AND UNDERSTOOD,! GOD BLESS YOU MY BROTHER, WE AS BROTHERS OF A TIME LONG AGO KNOW WITH OUT SAYING ! TO HAVE SPOKEN TO YOU IS AS IT WILL ALWAYS BE MY FRIEND!!,,,,,,SEMPER FI MY BROTHER,, A TRUE MAN,A TRUE MARINE !!!!!!!!!!!! DAVE WINGIELD, from oregon,nam 67/68

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    I didn't know him, and I consider that MY loss.

For those that did, who loved and respected him, consider this picture.

A crowd gathering at the edge of a lake, to wave goodbye to a loved one moving away from them in a canoe. He is looking back and waving to them until they disappear from sight. When he turns around, to face front, he sees another group of family and friends waiving and waiting to welcome him when he arrives.

One group loses, another group gains. Rest assured, that he will be in the welcoming committee when YOU make the journey across the lake.

When you have orders for a PCS, it's comforting to know that you will be renewing old friendships at your new duty station.

Unhappy My heart is sad

John and I got into it one day in chat. We didnt talk for over two months. Before I left for the gulf, we were back on speaking terms. He was one of the FIRST to welcome me back.

Semper Fidelis Brother
    Rest in Peace

Sgt E

Semper Fi John....
    You served your country well..Rest in Peace you will be missed...

Cool THANKS TO ALL........

From the bottom of my heart I wish to thank all the Marines and Friends of John who said so many kind and good words about him in posts on this thread. Also those who showed up for his Memorial in the Chatroom last night. I just know that John is smiling down upon us all. Semper Fi and God Bless you my friend.

Sempers,

Roger

Thread Information