Female Marine Advice Needed(ASAP PLEASE) - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I have seen the backside of 4th BN before................................

"""The
    backside of 4th BN.....""

Holy Cow does that bring back memories!! I was in 1988. PLT 4025 (if I remember correctly...). My son graduated from 2nd BN in October. Also, I want to say to the young female who is probably in processing now (or just got picked up by her Drill Instructors), when I went back in '88 - they took everything and made us store it until we graduated. Maybe it's different, maybe not. Maybe it depends on the Drill Instructors and the command at the moment. They take you to the PX anyway to get what you need. And WMarine - you're right about the monthly. I got it once then never again until a few weeks AFTER graduation. Which - was fine by me. Good times. :o)

Oh by the way - Great Pics.

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    PFC, 4th BN has squad bays also. It's not no hotel over there were we all have separate rooms. The females don't live the life of luxury over there either.
    I don't know when they put the track in, wasn't there when I was there in 1988, but that track is also open to the public, that is when the females aren't there. Also, the confidence course wasn't as nice as it is today, and it was in a different area. When I was there, that was our PT area. 4th BN's parade deck is about 1/4 the size of the main parade deck that the males use.
    So don't think that the females have everything better than the males do, because we don't.
    When in 88 were you there Marine? I was there from May till August. For the life of me, I cannot remember my PLT.... Old I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by MarineCorpsMama View Post
    When in 88 were you there Marine? I was there from May till August. For the life of me, I cannot remember my PLT.... Old I guess....
    I was there from the last week in March to June......K Co.

Ok, "WMarine" - I'm missing or just don't see where these pics you recently took at PI are, and the link takes me to a different forum topic. I'm going on no sleep and getting some sort of sinus thing, so point me to where these are!

Quote Originally Posted by WMDevilDog84 View Post
    Ok, "WMarine" - I'm missing or just don't see where these pics you recently took at PI are, and the link takes me to a different forum topic. I'm going on no sleep and getting some sort of sinus thing, so point me to where these are!
    They should be on the 1st or 2nd page of this topic.

I'm bumping this thread up for the female poolee, jrose592, who asked the question in the poolee forum on what to bring to boot camp.

Those were some great pictures. But for some reason the barracks looks alot newer. Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    WOW! I had flashbacks! Ain't that something? I can't remember what I had for breakfast but I can remember a 25 year old feeling I had when I first saw those barracks.
    I know this is really old...but I'm just now reading it. And you aren't kidding. I could hear the clang of water pipes, scent of musty salty air, and almost swatted my arm for fear of sand flea. Great pics Lisa.

Softball, thank you so much for sharing these photos. Me and a Marine buddy were looking at them together here at work and even though he never saw 4th Bn the photos of 3rd gave him chills just as the photos of 4th did me. I know I am late in replying to this thread but I had to at least thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by MarineCorpsMama View Post
    Holy Cow does that bring back memories!! I was in 1988. PLT 4025 (if I remember correctly...). My son graduated from 2nd BN in October. Also, I want to say to the young female who is probably in processing now (or just got picked up by her Drill Instructors), when I went back in '88 - they took everything and made us store it until we graduated. Maybe it's different, maybe not. Maybe it depends on the Drill Instructors and the command at the moment. They take you to the PX anyway to get what you need. And WMarine - you're right about the monthly. I got it once then never again until a few weeks AFTER graduation. Which - was fine by me. Good times. :o)

When I went in in June of 1990 they took all of our belongings and packed them up for storage and made us purchase everything at the PX after receiving as well. I thought to myself "Damn, I should have just brought what I was wearing and a toothbrush!"

Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post
    LMAO! This is giving me ideas... maybe I should start a business in pubic artistry, there is money to be made! What girl wouldn't want to decorate their most treasured area?
    I think Im in love!!!

During our 5th phase at PI I did guard duty in the 4th Bat. area a couple of times. I kept waiting for at least one of you to come on out, but you never did.

memories came flooding back to 1970, thanks for the pictures

Thread Information