Former Marine thinking of going back in...
Create Post

Former Marine thinking of going back in...

Hey everyone, I'm new here and I just wanted to get some info from you guys. I got out in 2009 with an Honorable Discharge and since then I've just been going to school trying to get my Business degree, this time next year I'll finally have it and I was thinking about going back in as an officer. However I have some questions that need to be answered. Besides going to a recruiter and finding out more info that way I thought I would atleast ask here first so I have a feeling of how it might go.

- I was diagnosed with PTSD and I haven't had an episode since I got out, will that hinder my chances of getting back in?

- I have forearm tattoos, will I be disqualified for OCS?

- Is there anything else that I need to know that will be helpful for my case?

Credits
    Savings
    The PTSD and tattoos sound like an obstacle.
    The best intel you can get is at a recruiters office

Credits
    Savings
    BTW
    complete your profile and you're likely to get better responses

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    BTW
    complete your profile and you're likely to get better responses
    thanks for the reply Apache, and I went ahead and completed my profile.

I can see that the PTSD and Tattoos will be an obstacle but I do hope they can be waived.

Credits
    Savings
    Tattoos are disqualifier. Even if within regs of the enlisted side. Officers no visible in pt gear max 4 under pt gear

Quote Originally Posted by FaDeD View Post
    Tattoos are disqualifier. Even if within regs of the enlisted side. Officers no visible in pt gear max 4 under pt gear
    Per the new tattoo policy from 2010 it states

"Both commissioned and warrant officers are now limited to four tattoos or brands visible when wearing the standard physical training uniform, according to the new policy."

However, I do know that this is pertaining to already enlisted Officers. I still wonder if I can get a waiver for it.

The new Officer class will only have 62% make Capt. That is a lot of O s that will be out of a job in a couple of years. Getting back in todays Corps is very dificult and if you need a waiver, better have some friends in the right places. Sorry but these are just the facts of life. If you can get it done great but know the obstacles ahead.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaseshift View Post

- I was diagnosed with PTSD and I haven't had an episode since I got out, will that hinder my chances of getting back in?
    Brother, I woudn't even worry about getting back in. Rather. I would seek the treatment you need and try and have the Best Day you can One Day at a time.

PTSD is not cureable, only manageable. Take care of your health Brother.

Best wishes for you.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Thread Information