Female Marine Advice Needed(ASAP PLEASE)
Create Post
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Female Marine Advice Needed(ASAP PLEASE)

I leave for Recruit Training on 20100104 and I am unsure of what I should really bring to Bootcamp. Will bras,sport bras, and underwear be distributed after arrival? What about purchasing tampons or pads? Should I bring a small amount of tampons and pads, for the first month and then purchase more when needed? Also, What are the rules regarding shaving the genital area? Am I allowed to bring an address book or should I only bring a few addresses on a single sheet of paper? I have very short hair, would I be allowed to bring hair care products? I would also like to know if I should bring deodorant, body lotion, shampoo, and conditioner? Even thoughI don't think that they'll allow us more than 60 seconds to shower and then another 30 seconds to get dressed so I don't think there will be time to shampoo, condition, and/or lotion up. Please help me bring only the essentials, I am not going on vacation so I don't want to over pack in anyway possible. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you for your time and wisdom.

Poolie Vazquez

Credits
    Savings
    Yes.
    Allowed.
    Yes.
    Do you really?
    Yes, and yes.
    No.
    You can.
    Right you are.
    I did.
    Enjoy.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Amanda, ask your Recruiter. Here is his name and phone number. Good Luck to you Earning the Title. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Staff Sergeant Roca 4138966612

My daughter will be so happy Marine Corps Barbie comes out Jan 4th

Holy sh!t...be sure to ask your DIs for a pedicure after your first hump.

Your recruiter should've given you a list of things that you can bring.
    I hope this helps, and some of this may have changed when I was in......

--Sports bras, white...easy on, easy off...and if they still do this, you will be in a bra 24/7, even when you sleep. There's no time for fuss when you wake up in the morning.
    --I believe you can still bring your own undies....plain white ones.
    --Feminine products. I brought mine, but never needed them. Don't be suprised if you don't get your monthly while you're at boot camp. It happens.
    --Forget shaving the female area. Legs and armpits only, and that usually happens on Sundays when you have more time.
    --I believe you can bring an address book....a small one. If you don't have one, get one at the dollar store if there's one near you. They are small, not big and bulky.
    --I believe you can bring shampoo. If not, your Drill Instructors will take you to the PX at 4th BN and you'll get the hygiene products you need.
    --Bring plain flip-flops (shower shoes), nothing fancy.
    --Underarm deodorant.
    --Chapstick

DO NOT bring hairspray, whether it's a pump one or a spray can. It will get confiscated by the Drill Instructors.....anything that you shouldn't have on you, will get confiscated by the Drill Instructors.

The items listed above that you can bring, don't bring about 5 of everything. Just take one of each, and that includes the feminine products. All of what you need to bring should fit into a backpack or small luggage bag.

Remember, you are at Parris Island to train to become a Marine. It's not beauty school and it's not a beauty contest while you're there.

Best of luck to you!

I was back at Parris Island on Aug 26th to the 28th to see my nephew graduate from boot camp.
    Here are some pics I took of the "Receiving building" and of 4th BN.............

This is the "Receiving building" where the famous yellow footprints are in front of. You will only go through those portals (doors) once and never exit them. You will exit the buiding through different doors.

The backside of 4th BN.....

4th BN PT area......

4th BN Confidence course.....

4th BN Confidence course.....

4th BN parade deck.....and in the distance is a platoon of WM's drilling.....

This is part of the main parade deck over by 1st, 2nd and 3rd BN's, where the men drill, and where you will walk across on graduation day!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    WOW! I had flashbacks! Ain't that something? I can't remember what I had for breakfast but I can remember a 25 year old feeling I had when I first saw those barracks.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thank you Lisa.
    Great Pics!!!
    Never saw 4th Bn. ( Of Course )

Merry Christmas.
    Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    WOW! I had flashbacks! Ain't that something? I can't remember what I had for breakfast but I can remember a 25 year old feeling I had when I first saw those barracks.
    All the memories came rushing back. I had a blast going back and sharing my stories with my brother, who's a retired Marine GySgt, and former Drill Instructor. I think after 10 years, if you get the chance to go back for some reason or other, you should.
    I felt PROUD to be a Marine the day I graduated boot camp, but going back after 21 years, made me feel even more PROUD to be a Marine! For me, it's a feeling that you can't describe. You just need to go back and experience it for yourself.
    I even got a tour of Drill Instructor school with my brother....and that was quite an HONOR. Not everyone can get a tour of Drill Instructor school.
    Ah man, if I could go back to Parris Island again tomorrow and visit, I'd be there with bells on.

Glad everyone liked the pics!

the brass needs squaring away

Thread Information