Do you know the other Poolees at your RSS? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by xfusex View Post
    I feel like an outcast when I show up for pool functions. I'm almost 10 years older than everyone there, I outweigh everyone by about 30-40lbs and I sport a beard for winter that 1. makes me look even older 2. makes me look like a lumberjack.

I work alot so I can only make the once a months, I never make it to the twice a week PT sessions. That probably doesn't help.
    Same boat, minus the lumberjack status. I'm 7-8 years older than everyone, and I tower over all but one. At least it seems that way especially when we go to the gym and I see them and I standing in the mirror. Haha.

Haha yeah I can imagine. You'd tower over every poolee but one here.

I knew it was going to be weird when the GySgt who just left my RSS informed my I was older than my recruiter, and every recruiter there, except the SSgt who just took over the RSS. He's only a few months older than me.

I've got a ton of buddies who were Infantry, and two that are still in (one is a CH-53 mech, and the other is an MP). They said get used to getting orders from kids who were still in the womb while you were learning Inequalities and playing Super Nintendo.

We have someone at my RSS who's 6 feet 7 inches. Whenever we do pull ups, his knees hit the floor LOL

He ships the same day as me. I forget his name...err

I know everyone at my RSS. Get to know everyone and compete with them physically. Use it as motivation. The Corps is a brotherhood.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    im chill with all the kids at my station. we have a ****bag already though man...this kid keeps giggling while we're in drill formation, and the recruiters make him come forward and direct us in some PT as punishment, and he won't stop LAUGHING WHILE HES DIRECTING US! the recruiters are screaming at him to wipe the smile off his face and he just won't...we do like half an hour of IT every god damn time simply because this jackass won't stop smiling. he can barely do a pull up, i'm not sure how he got into the DEP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulls View Post
    he can barely do a pull up, i'm not sure how he got into the DEP.
    Potential discharge?

Quote Originally Posted by Mulls View Post
    im chill with all the kids at my station. we have a ****bag already though man...this kid keeps giggling while we're in drill formation, and the recruiters make him come forward and direct us in some PT as punishment, and he won't stop LAUGHING WHILE HES DIRECTING US! the recruiters are screaming at him to wipe the smile off his face and he just won't...we do like half an hour of IT every god damn time simply because this jackass won't stop smiling. he can barely do a pull up, i'm not sure how he got into the DEP.
    I would HATE to be with him in boot camp.

Quote Originally Posted by sbombard15 View Post
    I would HATE to be with him in boot camp.
    Agreed.. Mulls, mabe you and some of the other Poolee's should pull him aside at the next function and give him a good talk and if that does work, all you can really do is suck it up and keep going. We have a kid that is completely out of shape and takes for ever to do everything, so while were waiting for him to finish, we all get trashing. It sucks and I hate it when its happening but all I think about its how much more it is bettering me. Just my 2 cents.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    the only reason i havent said anything is because honestly he keeps coming back and everyone hates him and besides the laughing like an idiot he tries his hardest. he sucks at everything, he cant catch or throw or tackle in football, he can't run particularly fast, he weighs like a buck 10 soaking wet, and even though i kind of really hate him and everything but in the end it's the mental persistence that'll get you through boot camp, and the kids kinda got it somehow. plus, i don't think it'll be quite as funny to him when it's a Drill Instructor in his face as opposed to a recruiter. even private pyle turned out to be Marines material before he decided to blow hartman's head off, right? it's whatever.

I know everyones names at our RSS (Irving, TX) and a few at RSS (Lewisville, TX)
    We have pool functions once a week (thursdays) and once a month we meet up with Lewisville for a Saturday pool function.

It helps when you get to know some other poolees and talk to them for advice, and even go work out with them or hang out. And friend and I have a 24 hour fitness membership and we go 3 times a week.
    Getting to know the other guys will make you competitive at pool functions. It makes me want to whoop their asses on runs/workouts.

Thread Information