Your thoughts on 03XX
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Your thoughts on 03XX

Hello Marines, I have intentions on going 03xx and I was wanting to get some feedback from more Grunts that have been through it. I have a friend who his 4 year enlistment is up this coming summer and he keeps telling me that its not worth it for what you have to go through everyday. I believe that I am a strong willed person and think it would be an experience of a lifetime. So i need some more opinions. Let it be known that I would like to here some pros vs. cons on reserve 03xx as well since that I live within 80 miles of Lima company out of Columbus, OH. I want to thank the Marines who take their time to read this and reply.

I couldn't tell you about the reserves, but the fleet has some good and bad times. A lot of people ***** about sweating your balls off, or freezing them off, while some admin pog sits in their ac in an office and never has to deal with sh!t other than if their pen ran out of ink or their carpal tunnel is kicking up. I may still be a boot, but tell you the truth...I wouldn't want to have any other mos than the one I have. You couldn't pay me enough to miss our deployment.

Credits
    Savings
    Thankyou for your input

I carried an M-1 and picked up trash for 5 years...

Quote Originally Posted by Kcperkins View Post
    Hello Marines, I have intentions on going 03xx and I was wanting to get some feedback from more Grunts that have been through it. I have a friend who his 4 year enlistment is up this coming summer and he keeps telling me that its not worth it for what you have to go through everyday. I believe that I am a strong willed person and think it would be an experience of a lifetime. So i need some more opinions. Let it be known that I would like to here some pros vs. cons on reserve 03xx as well since that I live within 80 miles of Lima company out of Columbus, OH. I want to thank the Marines who take their time to read this and reply.
    ================================================== =======
    and I appreciated every God Damned day of it. I didn't do or learn anything else.

Out of it, I learned 2 things:
    1.) The USMC administers good medicine,
    2.) I am thankful for the medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by Backhaus 1103 View Post
    I I may still be a boot
    You sure about that? Sure sound salty to me. Hell, I bet you could take out 5 "admin pog" with one hand behind your back and your eyes closed, huh killer?

Doubt it, can't fight for sh!t. But I bet the rifle range is a hard field op right?

Doubt it, can't fight for sh!t. But I bet the rifle range is a hard field op right?
    I wouldn't know. I'm not 03 so I don't get to use a rifle. Maybe you can let us know whenever you get to do your first qual though.

No doubt. I'll be sure to use a Mk 19 round in my 203 next time.

Laf. Go for it.

Im going through ITB right now

And all I can say is make sure youre prepared for it. Its not horrible, its what you make of it. But I will say Oceanside is freezing this time of year

Hey kid, your friend that said it ain't worth it, needs to get the F*** outta my Corps...I wouldn't be in unless I could stay 03XX...

Even better as an 0369...

03xx

We are "Grunts" son, till the day we die. We are the "suck" they speak of. It is hell and it is heaven. Years after you are done and you run into other Marines. Simply saying you were a grunt makes even a L tCol Marine jealous. Why does anyone feel a little "inferior" ?????

I couldn't tell you about the reserves, but the fleet has some good and bad times. A lot of people ***** about sweating your balls off, or freezing them off, while some admin pog sits in their ac in an office and never has to deal with sh!t other than if their pen ran out of ink or their carpal tunnel is kicking up. I may still be a boot, but tell you the truth...I wouldn't want to have any other mos than the one I have. You couldn't pay me enough to miss our deployment.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Haditha

Although a reserve unit "L" 3/25 saw some of the heaviest fighting of the war in Iraq.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________

There were times when I absolutely hated the infantry but in retrospect I wouldn't trade it for another MOS.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Haditha

Although a reserve unit "L" 3/25 saw some of the heaviest fighting of the war in Iraq.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________

There were times when I absolutely hated the infantry but in retrospect I wouldn't trade it for another MOS.
    Yes sir, I saw the documentary Combat Diary an they went through some S*** .

My personal opinion is that every Marine should be a grunt before they become anything else. If you really want to appreciate our Corps, start out under fire in the mud, and then work your way up.

Thread Information