Only reserves available?
Create Post

Only reserves available?

I just finished my 15 college credits and I am going to schedule my MEPS visit next week.

I recently read that recruiters are only offering reserve slots as they are over booked for AD. Is this true universally, or is it only in certain recruiting districts?

I am determined to earn the privilege to call myself a Marine, but I would much prefer active duty. Please tell me this isn't the complete truth???

Thanks Marines and future Marines! I would have posted in the poolee forum but do not have the privileges.

I would bet it depends on your MOS. If you're wanting Infantry MOS, reserves are you quickest way to boot.

Not concerned with how long it takes me to ship out LCpl, as long as I can get there eventually. I am just honestly not that interested in the reserves.

As for MOS, I am really just hoping to become a Marine more than anything. With my moral waiver that is really the most that I can ask for. I am looking into many jobs, and I would like to get an 0300 contract, but I am not holding my breath.

EDIT: Also, I forgot to say "thanks for your reply", so thank you very much for answering, LCpl!

0300s are always backed up, but you may get lucky. Work with your recruiter. I know people who shipped reserve and became active. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by usmcmsf View Post
    0300s are always backed up, but you may get lucky. Work with your recruiter. I know people who shipped reserve and became active. Good luck
    Cool, thanks again Marine!

I would NOT do that. If you get stuck in the reserves, you'll be screwed. Wait until an AD contract comes up, talk to your recruiter, and do things the right way. It'll pay off in the end. Switching from reserves to AD can be VERY difficult and take a long time, if they even let you switch.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yep,,, Cool your heels, push a little, wait for what you want. Don't settle for what you don't.

I think that is what I will end up doing. Thanks for the advice, Marines!

Thread Information