Shipping Bonus - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shipping Bonus

I had the same thing happen to me . I DEPed in on August 11 2009 and i leave for parris-island may 10th 2010. I was quickly told that because of when I leave for boot-camp , that I would be getting a $4,000 shipping bounes. And I sighed it and my SSGT told me that I would be getting the money in a lump sum after MCT.

Was there a reason why you got a shipping bonus though? Or is it completely random? lol

As far as I can tell it was random, it was like they had the $ just sitting there and had to give it out before it went away. Really all they told was that I was getting it because " Your ship date is inside window of time to get a bounes".

hey

Quote Originally Posted by durtydawg View Post
    I signed a 5 year AG contract with a $0 bonus
    Ha I hear ya. Same here. 5 year ad, 3 year ar.

I got a 4000 dollar bonus to leave jan 25th.

The bonus is the chance to become a Marine.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    the only bonus that i have ever heard of is the Recon bonus. I believe that you have to be a contract recon and the first enlistment is for 7 years.

I just heard that the Marines do have bonuses to hand out. I'm going to talk to my recruiter and see if I can get one for shipping in Jan. since it's hard for them to get people to ship early in the year.

Thread Information