Going away parties?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Going away parties?

I'm leaving December 7th, 2009 for boot camp at MCRDSD. Tomorrow my mom and step dad are throwing me a going away party. It is at my favorite bar. We are renting out the upstairs, hiring a DJ to play music, light show, fog etc. I have almost 50 people RSVP'd and another 40 maybe's. Anyone else planing on having a going away party?

I enlisted 7 months ago, and it's still hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that I'm leaving to head to MEPS next Sunday. While I am extremely excited I too am just as anxious. It will be nice to finally get there and start my journey.

Is everyone on the forum invited?

Night at the bar/strip club with the closest friends

Sounds great. Just don't do anything you will regret!

Quote Originally Posted by Torres90 View Post
    Sounds great. Just don't do anything you will regret!
    Yeah lol. My recruiter says that people always f--- up the last few days before they ship out.

Be careful !!! But have fun

Credits
    Savings
    Having mine tonight. just a casual get together w/ family friends. I am also anxious but more excited than anything. I signed 6 months ago.. doesn't seem real yet... although im sure when our feet are planted on those yellow footprints it will. good luck to you all

having a bunch of friends and family over tomorrow... still seems unreal that its finally here!

Nice bro i leave dec 7th as well, theres this thing in december called december nights in san diego so just going to hang out with family and friends at that event friday night.

I think it was cool that Thanksgiving was this weekend so I could see all my family and extended family before shipping out on Tuesday. Can't freakin wait/believe it's already here!

I leave the 7th also, i thought we report to MEPS on monday morning. Maybe just me because i live here in Az. I am not sure i will find out on monday.

No party here. When i get back for those 10 days i will have one though.

My graduation party will be my "going away" party, and also my brothers wedding the week before haha. I will proble have a welcome home party for just the fam and the few friends left around. Thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MarinesFTW View Post
    My graduation party will be my "going away" party, and also my brothers wedding the week before haha. I will proble have a welcome home party for just the fam and the few friends left around. Thats about it.
    I specifically asked for no going away party. I thoroughly believe in the "You have done nothing yet, poolee," state of mind. When I go from Rct to Marine, then will Iwelcome a party.

Quote Originally Posted by Endurance89 View Post
    I specifically asked for no going away party. I thoroughly believe in the "You have done nothing yet, poolee," state of mind. When I go from Rct to Marine, then will Iwelcome a party.
    True. I ship out 2 days after my graduation day. I wouldn't want to worry about someone having a graduation party on my party's day and crap like that..Just would be too much.

+ I agree with Endurance. Would suck if something happened at RT and I somehow had to come back. I know a few people who have had problems and had to come back.

My recruiters gave us a little talk. They basically said"Do not to f--- it up when you get there. Get the most out of being out of the DEP and listen to us[recruiters] and do what we[recruiters] tell you to do. Think about all the people you told that you were joining the Marines. What would they think of you if you didn't make it through?"

That's very true. It would suck more than anything to have your friends know you didn't make it through RT. You'd be a huge failure and a disappointment. Some of us have nothing else in life but the Marines. I know damn well that If I didn't make it through RT, then I would have nowhere else to go.

Credits
    Savings

My going away party

I am throwing the biggest bash when I'm out for Boot Camp. I'm talking about music, kegs, all the scattered ass you could possibly think of, everyone looking a little bit like this .. .. and most the time if your party does get busted the cops wont usually care, my good friend threw one and he just made us turn the music down, and I'm having mine out on Michigan State Campus anyways so if anyone wants to drive down in January to East Lansing let me know and ill get you hooked up with the finest ladies MSU has to offer!

Poolee Knudsen

Thread Information