Women back from combat face cold reality - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    If you want to be treated like a woman, wear a dress and stay out of the military.
    If you want to be treated like a Marine, act like one.

Quote Originally Posted by giveen View Post

I can do a 70 sec dead hang. (actully somewhere in the 90's sec's was my record)
    Few male Marines can.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverMarine View Post
    If a Marine was late, just say dont be late again?..There is a difference between calling in and saying Sgt im going to be ten minutes late versus not calling and being UA.........and an NCO should adapt to their Marines lifestyle and their way of learning??......I know there are some special cases where you need to guide Marines...but to adapt to their lifestyle? wow.....Chesty Puller would role over in his grave....GOD I LOVE CHESTY!!!!

And my friend was busted down....more or less from a woman that wanted to be treated like a woman and now a Marine....sure he called her every bad name in the book...she didnt like being called a P***Y, and he got lit up....was made an example out of...and its freaking unsat.....

if I went to my 1stSgt and said omg Cpl so and so called me a P***Y....I would of gotten laughed at and probally hazed by my 1stSgt lol....but then again that is in to 20% of the Marine Corps where there is no women....its called a combat unit.....
    It sounds like it may have been a case of sexual harrassment, not just a regular ass-chewing. Sexual harrassment is based on the interpretation, and it varies from person to person. I've been called a p*ssy before, and it never bothered me... actually I think I may have called another Marine a p*ssy a few times.... Anyways, I didn't take it as sexual in nature, but apparently she did. The problem was not the ass-chewing itself, it was calling her a p*ssy that got him busted down. The NCO was wrong in that situation, and how many sexual harrassment classes has he sat through? Apparently he wasn't paying attention during the 'interpretation' part. You may not like it and I may not like it, but the NCO went too far by using a sexual term that was offensive to the female Marine. It was his lack of judgement cost him his rank.

Good leaders adapt to Marine's method of learning. Not all problems are best solved with yelling and degrading a fellow Marine. Sometimes it is necessary, but most of the time there are other ways to correct a Marine. Sh!tty leaders are the one's who are quick to jump on another Marine while acting like they themselves are perfect. Treat a Marine like a sh!tbag and they will act like a sh!tbag. But treat them with respect and understanding and you will have a good to go Marine (in most cases). This is a concept I have learned from some good and bad leaders of mine.

I just dont understand it..... You have been called it, you have called that to other Marines.....but this one Marine that prolly should of never been a Marines gets a future SgtMaj busted down and is now out of the MArine Corps after 8 years.....its just sad to me.....

And again....when I was still in, I was not a babysitter...I admitted their were some special cases where you had those few Marines that you had to explain things multiple times before they got it....and that is all great....You suppose to to teach and guide your Marines....

but if they are messing up...like being late without calling in....just showing up late....THAT IS BEING UA!!!!! wether its 5 mins or 35 days.....its UA....

I always told my Marines....if you know you sh*t, and do you job the best you can the first time.....no one can touch you....and that means covering your own a**.....how simple is it to call in and say hey Sgt my car would not start Ill be in a couple minutes late.....how hard?

You do what you told, and you do it right.....along with upholding the standards of the MArine Corps...you have nothing to worry about.....but when it comes to babying Marines.....that is unsat....go join the army if you want a babysitter....

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverMarine View Post
    I just dont understand it..... You have been called it, you have called that to other Marines.....but this one Marine that prolly should of never been a Marines gets a future SgtMaj busted down and is now out of the MArine Corps after 8 years.....its just sad to me.....

And again....when I was still in, I was not a babysitter...I admitted their were some special cases where you had those few Marines that you had to explain things multiple times before they got it....and that is all great....You suppose to to teach and guide your Marines....

but if they are messing up...like being late without calling in....just showing up late....THAT IS BEING UA!!!!! wether its 5 mins or 35 days.....its UA....
    First off, that is not UA. If you read the order, you have to be gone for 24 hours to be officially UA. Being five minutes late isn't going to get you court-martialled and busted down. It can be documented in a counselling that may assist in an NJP along with other offenses, but that's about as far as paperwork would go.

If you have a squared away Marine who is always doing what they're supposed to be doing and you have sh!tbag Marine who doesn't give a sh!t about their job, you should not punish them both the same way if they mess up. The punishment should depend on their overall performance as a Marine. And that is part of leadership. You don't want to bring down a squared-away Marine and make them hate life, and you don't want to go easy on a sh!tbag and make them feel their actions are acceptable. You have to decide what's the best way to fix the problem and make them into a better Marine.

I do not know her motivates for reporting the NCO, that's not what most Marines would've done. I won't say she did the right thing by reporting him, but I will say that the NCO was in the wrong for using a sexually related term on a Marine of the opposite sex. If it was offensive to her, there are other ways she could've handled the situation, but all Marines are different.

Really? Is this where we are going to go? Bragging about hang times or being able to do pullups not even in the double digits?

You think the Corps sees you as equals? Hell no, as said before, look at the PFT and it's scoring. Just for a simple answer in the form of an annual, Corps wide test.

Are you going to hold the CFT out there as your proof of qualifications you can handle the physical rigors of combat? Go tell that to someone holding a CAR.

What is the Marine Corps. Simply, what is it. It is the fighting force of the Department of the Navy. And when said like that, do we allow women in any fighting units?

Chivalry can be damaging to the overall mission? Well we shouldn't be put in that position should we. And I am SURE that everyone here knows what a typical Marine acts like around women. Womanizers, azzholes, think they deserve anything they ask for, act like their god's gift to women, etc. Go ask the women of Oceanside, or the women who work at the PX. Sounds a lot like we should be teaching chivalry to Marines instead of trying to treat everyone like a man/Marine.

There is probably a handful, if that, of WMs in the entire Marine Corps who can handle my job. Anyone can pull a trigger, but there's so much more to it than that.

Men and women are different, biologically, mentally, chemically, physically, we are different. Why do you want to fight it?

My personal experience with female Marines wasn't very extensive. I never really worked with any directly, but the few times I did have to interact with them I wasn't very impressed. I remember having to watch what we said and how we acted because you didn't want to offend the WM. This warning came from our command to and not just other junior Marines. Now i'm sure that not all female Marines need to be treated with kid gloves, but the fact that you don't know makes it difficult to trust them. I had a platoon Sgt. who was working on his twenty. I not sure he had ever been outside and infantry unit during his whole time. I remember us having a class on sexual harassment and he made the comment "Thank God for the infantry." Obviously he meant it as meaning he was glad he didn't have to work with females. This is a way of thinking that is shared by most Marines in infantry units. At least that was my experience and I don't ever see it changing. I'm not against females in the Marine Corps, I just think that they will never be seen as equals by those Marines who don't have to work with them. That I believe is a sad truth, right or wrong.

Last edited by boomer56328; 12-23-09 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Spelling

I don't know what we are arguing about anymore. This tread has branched out so many times, I'm lost. Since women are barred from combat, what's all the gripe about? If you're challenging my title of Marine, you better believe I'm not going down without a fight.

I am not going to get into a discussion about women Marines in combat. When did I say that men and women were the exact same? We are different- in so many ways. But that has nothing to do with our performance as a Marine. Marines come in all shapes and sizes, our diversity is what makes us an elite organization. For instance: when I was in my old comm unit, they had me reach in an open a locked comm truck because I was the only one small enough to do it. Sure it's nice to have big strong Marines out there who can carry any load, but some tasks require Marines of a different body structure. Out in Iraq, I went outside the wire to talk to female Iraqi's to gain intel because they refused to talk to the male Marines. Some tasks require female Marines to perform, it's as simple as that. The diversity of the Corps is what makes us so effective in accomplishing the mission.

I'm not arguing that males and females are the same, I'm arguing that we are different- our differences are what make us strong.

Quote Originally Posted by slug View Post
    Are you going to hold the CFT out there as your proof of qualifications you can handle the physical rigors of combat? Go tell that to someone holding a CAR.
    Forgot to mention, I work with a Marine who has a star on his CAR who is open to the idea of women in combat. I've also worked with a Marine with a Purple Heart who is neutral on the topic as well. How would I do in combat? I wouldn't know until the bullets start flying.

But what do most women Marines do since we aren't allowed in combat occupations? Inventories and paperwork. It isn't the most exciting job, but someone has to do it. What are we really arguing? What's wrong with female Marines doing clerical work while the male Marines train for combat?

Quote Originally Posted by boomer56328 View Post
    ... I just think that they will never be seen as equals by those Marines who don't have to work with them. That I believe is a sad truth, right or wrong.
    Sorry, last minute Christmas shopping has taken up most of my time.

This quote is a pretty profound statement.

Being a Marine isn't all about physical strength. Being an infantry Marine isn't about physical strengh. And the PFT isn't a measurement of strength by any stretch of the imagination.

It's clear by the arguments that no one is on the verge of persuasion. This thread has reached a dead end.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I think everybody knows how I feel about this age old fight. I'm glad that my Sisters today get to do all the stuff that 1/2 of the WM's during my time wished we could have done if we had been allowed to. At least I got to play with Ordnance.

However......................From the article that was posted (and NOT saying these women had the same intentions), but there are those that know how to work a system just because they can. And especially these days with all of this PC crap floatin' around, it must be a pretty damned easy system to work.

For example: (and, again, NOT saying these women had the same intentions) the first one - sounds to me like she was ready to get out. I don't know the regs today on it, but in my time, if you got pregnant, you had up to a certain amount of time after the birth to decide if you wanted to stay in the Corps or not. If you decide to leave, you get nothing - if you claim PTSD, you get help. Some women just have the right timing, you know?

With all the other stuff they were talking about nobody buys them a beer or tells them thank you or notices them at all. Who gives a damn? We don't have that well known haircut to make us stand out in the crowd. You want somebody to notice you, do something to be noticed. Wear a Tshirt, let it be known somehow and, trust me, people WILL ask questions and folks will send you drinks in a bar.

... Bragging about hang times or...
    hot_steel_hang_

FF 2.00 minutes

Good women marines shoes !!
    www.wow-nike.com
    You really can not miss it !

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    WOW sounds like alot people are starving for a hug. who ever cared when we were being spit on by fellow amercans when i return from the nasty,was bad ,you know what it did brother me and other marines to this very day,they didnot spit on any womem marines.and i never seen any in the bush .i love all women. iam glad they were not . love all women .flsg bravo

I say let the Army, Air Force, and Navy worry about their Women! We are Marines, We Marines take care of our OWN no matter how weak or strong they are!

Thread Information