Question about an MOS
Create Post
    Marine Family Free Member CCHAPL's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Question about an MOS

Good Evening Marines, I apologize in advance for not posting this in, "Ask a Marine". But i registered as Marine family, not a Poolee, and this is one of the only places i can post.

My reason for posting, I have been looking into the Marine Corps CBIRF (Chemical, Biological Incident Response Force). I have been looking around on line for an MOS to research, But all i can find is 5700 (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear) Is (CBRIF) and (CBRN) the same MOS? Any Marine feed back would be awesome. Also are there any Marines on here in this MOS? If so could you tell me your thoughts on this job? I would be really thankful.

Thank you and have a great evening.

Quote Originally Posted by CCHAPL View Post
    Good Evening Marines, I apologize in advance for not posting this in, "Ask a Marine". But i registered as Marine family, not a Poolee, and this is one of the only places i can post.

My reason for posting, I have been looking into the Marine Corps CBIRF (Chemical, Biological Incident Response Force). I have been looking around on line for an MOS to research, But all i can find is 5700 (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear) Is (CBRIF) and (CBRN) the same MOS? Any Marine feed back would be awesome. Also are there any Marines on here in this MOS? If so could you tell me your thoughts on this job? I would be really thankful.

Thank you and have a great evening.
    CBRIF is not an MOS, but a unit. It is made up of several MOS's which help to complete the unit's mission. Ask your recruiter the requirements and MOS's available in that unit if that is something you are interested in. rhttp://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...usmc/cbirf.htm

Credits
    Savings
    I understand now, thank you Sgt.

Glad I could help. Good luck.

You registered as Marine Family instead of a poolee, but from your profile, you are only 16 years old.
    Do you have a shipdate to MCRDPI/SD already being that you're only 16 years old?
    Just curious.
    Maybe you should've registered as a Marine Friend.

Credits
    Savings
    Sorry WMarine, I wasn't intending to pass my self off a poolee. I said "But i registered as Marine family, not a Poolee", because mostly poolee's post in "Ask a Marine". I forgot the "Marine Friend" category can also post in "Ask a Marine".

Credits
    Savings
    Also WMarine, I would like to thank you for getting after me the other week about not capitalizing Marines/Marine. Now every time i write one of the two I police myself.

Quote Originally Posted by CCHAPL View Post
    Sorry WMarine, I wasn't intending to pass my self off a poolee. I said "But i registered as Marine family, not a Poolee", because mostly poolee's post in "Ask a Marine". I forgot the "Marine Friend" category can also post in "Ask a Marine".
    I don't want you to think that I'm making a big deal out of this, OK.
    I was just curious, that's all.

Have a good one!

Credits
    Savings
    Copy. You too, have a nice night ma'am.

Thread Information