School of Infantry - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Almost every thread I go into that a poolee has made and asked a question, the first few responses are always a bunch of you guys giving them crap for saying "oohrah", "semper fi", etc. and sometimes without ever answering their questions. Big deal, he dropped one "oohrah". God Forbid he shows some enthusiathism for wanting to be a Marine. All the power to you buddy, show that motivation.

Me telling him its "ok to be Motivated" is not setting a bad example. As a matter of fact, I set a damn fine example for these guys. I'll answer any question this kids got to the best of my ability, why? Because that's what he needs now. He needs knowledge, because that's what's going to help him in his career. Besides, I'm sure you we all more important things in our lives to worry about then putting a bunch of poolee's in place online.

I got my a$$ chewed out for not following the rules here, and I'm a Marine. Wannabees and poolees are no different. If wannabees and poolees can't handle being put in place online, then they're going to have a hard time being put in place in the real world at recruit training.
    LCpl, I didn't make the rules, the staff here at Leatherneck.com did. I was just merely pointing out what he cannot say according to those rules. He want's to show enthusiasm, fine, but not by saying OohRah or Semper Fi. Once he EARNS that title of United States Marine, then he can show all the enthusiasm he wants by saying OohRah and Semper Fi.

ya, whatever floats your boat.

yay yo lmfao

Salty poolees...lol next salty RCT...

I agree with him not rating it, why? because he hasnt even earn the title first. He then can - either-do/yell his salty little balls off about all the OOHRAHHS/ S/F and KILLS he wants etc..

Corps is getting soft because Marines arent enforcing our heritage, one is earning everything, even saying something simple as a yell...

Kill....-

Oh yeah..

About SOI...there's ITB and there's MCT..

If you're a POG (MOS other then 03xx) you're MCT, if you're a Grunt, then ITB..

There will be a PFT when you arrive there.. Then field drills (1 week in the field, 2/3 days in the rear) which consist of learning the Weapon systems. A grenade/smoke grenade exercise, Humps from 5k to a final 20k. Learning knowledge on weapons, drills on house clearing and then a 3 day war.

Then you have earned the right to be known as a Grunt or have successfully finished basic Marine infantry training as a POG in MCT. ITB is 2 months MCT is about 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by New York View Post
    Oh yeah..

About SOI...there's ITB and there's MCT..

If you're a POG (MOS other then 03xx) you're MCT, if you're a Grunt, then ITB..

There will be a PFT when you arrive there.. Then field drills (1 week in the field, 2/3 days in the rear) which consist of learning the Weapon systems. A grenade/smoke grenade exercise, Humps from 5k to a final 20k. Learning knowledge on weapons, drills on house clearing and then a 3 day war.

Then you have earned the right to be known as a Grunt or have successfully finished basic Marine infantry training as a POG in MCT. ITB is 2 months MCT is about 3 weeks.
    yes i want to be a grunt, oh ok awesome well sounds like fun, i apppreciate it Marine and i apologize for the o word i was jus motivated and didnt think before i typed it in, i wont let the Corps down

Quote Originally Posted by New York View Post
    Salty poolees...lol next salty RCT...

I agree with him not rating it, why? because he hasnt even earn the title first. He then can - either-do/yell his salty little balls off about all the OOHRAHHS/ S/F and KILLS he wants etc..

Corps is getting soft because Marines arent enforcing our heritage, one is earning everything, even saying something simple as a yell...

Kill....-
    OoooOOo the Irony.

If you go into weapons plt/co. then halfway through you will make a wish list of a specific mos. If its a weapons mos you will break off and learn your specific weapon system. Its very basic

Quote Originally Posted by smoking gunz View Post
    If you go into weapons plt/co. then halfway through you will make a wish list of a specific mos. If its a weapons mos you will break off and learn your specific weapon system. Its very basic

Thanks smoking gunz I appreciate your info.

Who gives a sh!t...people make a big deal out of nothing and then wonder why they go ua

Thread Information