School of Infantry
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question School of Infantry

Can any Marines please give this Poolee some details about S.O.I.?
    thanks Marines, explanations are greatly appreciated Oorah

OOHRAH, some Marine Grunts should be on shortly to help you out, When it absolutely has to be destroyed overnight call on Marine Artillery. 0811 One Shot 12 Kills.

[Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members

Rule Six never use the words Semper Fi, Semper Fidelis or OORAH you do not rate that here until you have earned the title of United States Marine!
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...=29048&page=15

School Of Infantry East
    http://www.marines.mil/unit/tecom/so...s/welcome.aspx

School Of Infantry West

lol. is your avatar an actual t shirt design? moto-freakin-vating poolee

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    [Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members

Rule Six never use the words Semper Fi, Semper Fidelis or OORAH you do not rate that here until you have earned the title of United States Marine!
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...=29048&page=15

School Of Infantry East

School Of Infantry West
    I guess he owes us 50.

What do you want to know, dude?

Well Marines i just would like to know what kind of things you will train on like weapons, training exercises, etc. and requirements and things of that sort, Thanks Marines

lol Yes my avatar is an actual shirt design i gound it on google i thought it looked pretty cool i couldn't find anything else with poolee haha

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    I guess he owes us 50.
    Yes, he does....and those would be 4 count Marine Corps pushups.

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    Yes, he does....and those would be 4 count Marine Corps pushups.

sorry about that Marines, i will do them to make up for my mistake haha

Quote Originally Posted by Tsizzle710 View Post
    lol Yes my avatar is an actual shirt design i gound it on google i thought it looked pretty cool i couldn't find anything else with poolee haha
    hahahaha that's awesome. I just noticed your avy. Just act like you did it for humor value and you should be alright. That's funny ****. Once you get in you'll realize how retarded all those types of Marine shirts are.

But lets get down to Brass tax:

Let me start off by saying that if your experience with SOI was like my companys, which it more then likely will be, you will leave SOI with a new found knowledge and look on the Corps. You will be introduced to the wonderful world of the 03. You're gonna go on a few hikes, which are a little bit different then boot camp. Their usually with a "full" combat load, flak and kevlar, whatever weapon you "decide" to carry that day, etc. Their long, they suck, and their gonna make you hate life. My first 15k was with full ILBE with a full assault pack strapped to it. Out of like 66 guys in my platoon only like 20 of us made it to the end. You're gonna spend the first few weeks shooting at ranges, shooting every weapon that 03's will use in a combat zone (240, SAW, m203, stupid 9mm AT4 rounds, M32, etc.). You'll practice a lot of Urban Combat stuff in the MOUT town. How to breach doors and clear rooms. Pretty straight forward stuff. SOI really serves no purpose for an 11 other then to familiarize you with weapon systems and give you a BASIC BASIC introduction to being a rifleman. Once you get to your unit they will tell you to scrap what you just learned and start doing things the way they do it. It will make you stronger and in better shape though.

P.s. Don't pay attention to the Marines who get on your case about saying "oohrah" and stupid moto stuff like that. To be honest, no one really cares. And once your in for over a year you'll see that the only time you ever say Oohrah is if your passing a Gunny, Sgtmajor, etc. or an Officer and dont feel like giving the exact greeting of the day. And not to mention that theres no Marine Corps order saying you can't say "Oohrah".

you got me motivated now, hahaha well thanks alot Marine Oorah, that was very helpful that is the answer i was looking for, i really appreciate it, so the guys who didnt make it through SOI what happens to them ?

you got me motivated now, hahaha well thanks alot Marine Oorah, that was very helpful that is the answer i was looking for, i really appreciate it, so the guys who didnt make it through SOI what happens to them ?
    I dont think I ever saw anyone not make it through SOI. I saw guys go UA (AWOL), one got sent to the brig for possession of drugs, and thats basically it for people who didn't make it. I had one friend who just couldnt hump for squat. He never really gave up on the humps but he just always fell behind and was forced to drop out. They told him they were going to switch his MOS if he didnt complete the remedial hikes but nothing happened and he graduated with the rest of us. No one can really fail during the basic portions of training in the Marine Corps. It just doesn't really ever happen. Don't sweat it dude, you'll be an 03 if you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty Puffs View Post
    I dont think I ever saw anyone not make it through SOI. I saw guys go UA (AWOL), one got sent to the brig for possession of drugs, and thats basically it for people who didn't make it. I had one friend who just couldnt hump for squat. He never really gave up on the humps but he just always fell behind and was forced to drop out. They told him they were going to switch his MOS if he didnt complete the remedial hikes but nothing happened and he graduated with the rest of us. No one can really fail during the basic portions of training in the Marine Corps. It just doesn't really ever happen. Don't sweat it dude, you'll be an 03 if you want it.

oh ok well tht is good because i had my doubts about it ya kno? a couple of my buddies that went said it was pretty tough and it made me worry a little bit, the 03 is where my heart is ha ive wanted to be in the 03 ever since i could walk and im finally almost there haha, but as for basic im not very nervous about that everyone has told me its easy as pie lol

Listen up there young man, I'm not trying to come across as being a smart a$$ by pointing those rules out to you. You should abide by the rules that the staff has put into place for all wannabees and poolees, not break them just because you feel like it or someone told you you can say whatever you want.

And LCpl, I'm not going to get into a war of words with you, but don't set a bad example of what a Marine is by telling a poolee that it's OK to break the rules. If the staff here at Leatherneck felt it was OK for wannabees and poolees to say OohRah and Semper Fi, then they wouldn't have put that in the rules.
    Rules are made to be followed, not broken.

Thread Information