Question about referrals
Create Post

Question about referrals

I was just wondering how exactly referrals worked.

So do you just tell two people about the Marine Crops and have them call and talk to your recruiter or do they have to enlist in order for you to get promoted?

They have to enlist

What happens is you tell your recruiter about them (or you tell them to go to the recruiter and mention your name).. either way the recruiter fills out a card for him to start the process.. Your name goes on that card and when they enlist it's finalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Capital M View Post
    They have to enlist

What happens is you tell your recruiter about them (or you tell them to go to the recruiter and mention your name).. either way the recruiter fills out a card for him to start the process.. Your name goes on that card and when they enlist it's finalized.
    Yes^

Some RSS's will have you interview them before you even tell your recruiter about them. You should ask them basic questions; criminal charges, drug use, any medical problems (asthma, diabetes, allergies, etc), and other things like that.

I mean what would be the point of referring someone if it would just waste time and energy? ^_^

My RSS has us do that. I also go to the station every time my referral goes. Some times I'll be in the office with them and my recruiter may have my say a little something about the Marine Corps.

You might have to be kinda responsible for them..in a way. Meaning that you would be there to help them out with certain things (studying for the ASVAB, working out together, informing them of certain stuff, ect)

1st Referral - Marine Corps duffle bag
    2nd Referral - Private First Class instead of Private once you graduate
    3rd Referral - Set of Dress Blues (saves a couple 100 dollars)

I have brought 5 kid to my RSS. I always go over everything with them and try and shed some light about how the Marine Corps is and try to answer any questions they have. I also make them get a list with some questions to ask my recruiter. It just helps them becuase they all seem to get really nurvous when they get there haha. Sadly none of them have enlisted. I had a kid fill out most of the paper work and then decided he wanted to go to college to become a cop. My recruiter knows that I put alot of effort into getting someone to even talk to him so he gave me a deal. I get someone to enlist he will get me the second one. It's a nice deal to have on the table, but sadly that recruiter is gone and I'm on my new one which I dont know if he will do that for me or what. Only time will tell I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by MarinesFTW View Post
    I have brought 5 kid to my RSS
    Same with me !! I referred a few people too. One had a criminal offense that he lied to me about, one backed out because her parents didn't want her to join, and the other one just stopped talking to my recruiter (lol?). I had two others, but my recruiter said he needed Seniors or people who are already out of High School.

It's wicked frustrating ! You feel good bout referring someone and possibly getting them to join and then they do some stupid **** or just back out like a b--- .....Ugh !

Thread Information