Small Arms Repair
Create Post

Small Arms Repair

I just received my SOU for Small Arms Repair/Technician, I believe the designation is 2111. I was wondering if any Marines out there had experience in this field and could offer me some insight into what it is... also when I am deployed will I be at a base 24/7 or will there be opurtunities to go out into the boonies and fix things. Thank you Marines in advance for any reply.

Marine Corps Enllisted Job Descriptions
    MOS 2111 - - Small Arms Repairer/Technician

Type of MOS : PMOS
    Rank Range: GySgt to Pvt
    Job Description: Small arms repairer/technician in the grade of Private through Lance Corporal, under supervision, performs basic duties incident to inspection, maintenance, and repair of all small arms, less vehicular mounted weapons. The small arms repairer/technician also completes basic shop administrative forms and records utilizing technical manuals. At the Corporal through Gunnery Sergeant level the small arms repairer/technician performs, trains, and supervises various duties incident to inspection, maintenance, and repair of all small arms, to include vehicular mounted small arms. The small arms repairer/technician also prepares, maintains, and supervises a shop maintenance and management program and coordinates maintenance and repair of small arms according to grade.
    Job Requirements:
    (1) Must possess an MM score of 95 or higher.
    (2) Complete Ground Ordnance Intermediate Level Supervisors Course (CID AOIGBC1) by Sergeant through Staff Sergeant with 24 months remaining on active duty upon completion of the course. In the case of lateral move, must have served a minimum of one year in MOS 2111. Prerequisites for USMCR include serving in an active reserve billet in MOS 2111.
    (3) Must have a National Agency Check, Local Agency Check, and Credit Check (NACLC) resident within the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS).
    (4) Must pass the Command Arms Ammunition, and Explosive (AA and E) screening.
    (5) No conviction by court-martial, civilian court or nonjudicialjudgement of any act involving larceny, theft, or drugs.
    (6) Complete the Small Arms Repair Course.
    (7) Must be a U.S. citizen. Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.57, Individual Training Standards.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/2111.htm

As for being deployed, concentrate on getting thru recruit training, SOI/MCT training and your MOS school first.

Best information source sitting right in front of my nose. Thank you for the prompt response Marine.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by iljw View Post
    I just received my SOU for Small Arms Repair/Technician, I believe the designation is 2111. I was wondering if any Marines out there had experience in this field and could offer me some insight into what it is... also when I am deployed will I be at a base 24/7 or will there be opurtunities to go out into the boonies and fix things. Thank you Marines in advance for any reply.
    I was a 2111 for ten years. It depends on what kind of shop you're in. If you're in a 2 shop ie. unit shop you basically issue and repair weapons. If you have rifle/pistol ranges you work long hours. No you won't be at base 24/7. Do you get a chance to get into the boonies? Depends. What unit are you with. What's you're units mission? I got to spend alot of time in the boonies with the wing. While I was at TBS at Quantico I did some time in the boonies. Most of our time in a 2 shop was spent trying to get people to clean their weapons. This is where you turn into an A-Hole. They don't like cleaning them because they're to busy, but you're responsible to make sure you get them done. You also have to know other things like Pub control, tool control and others. If you get a chance, go to MIMMS school or what ever they call it now. Read your Desk tops and Turnovers and ask questions. Your NCOs have a job and it's to help you. 3 shops you mainly just repair. You really get to know more about the Corps in a deploy-able unit rather being in a repair shop. I hope this helps.

Thread Information