K-Bar sheath. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: K-Bar sheath.

Quote Originally Posted by greensideout View Post
    I'm not sure that this will help as things change through the years but mine, (I still have it) has no markings on it, has 7 rivets and is much heaver leather then the current aftermarket product.
    I was issued one in 1962, 1 MAW. I would have still had mine but some SOB stole it out of my house. I think sheath had rivets, was stiched, & had no markings. The only EGA was the one I attached myself by inserting a collar EGA through the very thick leather. (The actual KBAR that I had was Navy issue).

PS: If I ever spot someone with it, you will read about it in the news paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    Yup. Typical.
    I've got a news flash for you Sgt. My son, who is, like me, a packrat, found another KBar, at a yard sale,last summer. It has the sheeth, but it is/was badly rusted. He took the old mans advise, and cleaned it with Naval Jelly. He tells me, It came out looking great. I guess that's what i'm getting from him, for XMas. I'll see if We, meaning my smart daughter, and I can a picture, and post it. I like knives, and Pistols. Sempre Fidelis, Marines, and Have great, safe Christmas. Ken

this is like the one I had in the late 50's

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    Thank you all,,,,, Now I know the staples puts it in the Korea, Nam era. Now, was it in Nam,,,,,, I'll never know.

One more suggestion on this subject, Sparkie, and those of you who have one. Give your Cammilus KBar a little loving care. Cammilus Cutlery has gone out of business, so you are holding history in your hands. Sempre FI!
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by kenrobg30 View Post
    I've got a news flash for you Sgt. My son, who is, like me, a packrat, found another KBar, at a yard sale,last summer. It has the sheeth, but it is/was badly rusted. He took the old mans advise, and cleaned it with Naval Jelly. He tells me, It came out looking great. I guess that's what i'm getting from him, for XMas. I'll see if We, meaning my smart daughter, and I can a picture, and post it. I like knives, and Pistols. Sempre Fidelis, Marines, and Have great, safe Christmas. Ken
    Thanks, Ken! That would be a great gift for sure! Merry Christmas to you and yours as well.

Thanks, Ken! That would be a great gift for sure! Merry Christmas to you and yours as well.
    I got the Kbar, and it turns out to be a 'Nam era Pilots survival Knife. The date on the sheath is 1957. It has a 5in blade, a 41/4in hilt. Other than that, it's exactly like the the issue KBar, including the Cammilus Brand. I'll get my daughter to help me, and we'll post a picture of the two, together. Happy holidays Marines, and families. Ken

Good deal Ken! Outstanding!

KBar string

Good deal Ken! Outstanding!
    Sgt Lep, IMy daughter took the pictures of the two KBars, and put them in an album, in my profrile. Now I can try to figure out how to post them. I'm beginning to wonder if getting mixed up with a computer was such a hot idea. I'll work on that tomorrow. today was VA day, and i am worn and weary. AS always, the best to you and yours. Ken

You too, Ken. I know exactly how you feel as I had my 'VA Day' this past Monday. I self medicated when I got home as I always do LOL.

Never could understand why we had to have Knifes in the Nam, We where Marines we where taught to use your dang teeth ifin you was that close.........

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Knife was for eatin C-rats. teeth was for bitin throats. You gettin old??

Long time, no see, Cowboy,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by kenrobg30 View Post
    I got the Kbar, and it turns out to be a 'Nam era Pilots survival Knife. The date on the sheath is 1957. It has a 5in blade, a 41/4in hilt. Other than that, it's exactly like the the issue KBar, including the Cammilus Brand. I'll get my daughter to help me, and we'll post a picture of the two, together. Happy holidays Marines, and families. Ken
    I had one of those, lost it when I was leaving Da Nang. The sheath on mine had an outside pocket that held a small sharpening stone.
    I used to hone and shave with that knife, mostly to drive the Lt. nuts

My old Ka-bar sheath wore out, the stitching tore away. I went and bought me a Black Hawk Airborne Tactical Sheeth, designed for Mollie, Belt, and Tactical Vests. I luv my Ka-bar, and sheeth.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    Knife was for eatin C-rats. teeth was for bitin throats. You gettin old??

Long time, no see, Cowboy,,,,,,,,,,,
    What do you clean your teeth with, when you get through biting, Cowboy? Ken

Quote Originally Posted by LarryStarr View Post
    I had one of those, lost it when I was leaving Da Nang. The sheath on mine had an outside pocket that held a small sharpening stone.
    I used to hone and shave with that knife, mostly to drive the Lt. nuts
    My sheath has the pocket too, Larry.( Mind if I call you Larry?) I've got to check my stone box, I think I've got one that will fit in that Pocket. Have you , or has anyone, got a suggestion on how to save the sheath? It wasn't cared for very well, and the sheath is drying out, and cracking. I'm going to saddlesoap it, but I'm open to suggestions. Thanks Marines. S/F Ken

Thread Information