K-Bar sheath. - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: K-Bar sheath.

Pilots Survival Knife

Survival Knife And Sheath

Standard K-bar

This is my Kabar, and light Rig.

Its a Black Hawk Airborne Sheeth, on a Uncle Mikes Retention Belt, with a 20 Bulb LED Tac Light, in a Stinger Light Pouch. The other two knives are a Gerber Profile, and Leatherman Kick.

Quote Originally Posted by kenrobg30 View Post

Pilots Survival Knife

Survival Knife And Sheath

Standard K-bar
    Dude keep that knife its a Camillus, I'm judging from the condition its an origional. There not even in business anymore, to bad, great knives.

Cammjilus Knives

Quote Originally Posted by echo3oscar1833 View Post
    Dude keep that knife its a Camillus, I'm judging from the condition its an origional. There not even in business anymore, to bad, great knives.
    Cammilus is just fifteen miles from where I lived, most of my life. I know people who worked there, from the day they left school. That closing left a lot of broken hearts. I've got a few Cammilus folding knives in my lock box, too. I don't let them wander.I like that Air Force sheath. I won't tell you to stay sober tonite, just stay close to home, so you won't have that far to fall. Have a great year. S/F ken

used my p-38 or john wayne opener for a cleaning...

Ken:

First, have a GREAT New Year. Thanks for posting those pics.

Yeah, that sheath is in need of some help. Sadly, once leather is 'gone', it's 'gone'. Saddle soap will probably preserve it enough at least for you to 'pass down' should you choose to do so. Thing is, you won't be able to 'use' it if you want to preserve it, since it's about had it. That's good, honest and 'no ****' wear, which makes it all the more valuable, though.

It's going to depend on what you want to do with it, really. If it's something you are sentimental about and just want to pass on, might I also suggest that you write up something about it, such as when/where you carried it, the actions it was in with you, etc. That makes it more than "just another knife", and gives it 'provenance' for the future. (I can't recall, though, if this is the one you carried or it's a 'find').

One important thing: DO NOT use steel wool, or ANY other cleaning type of product other than a clean rag and perhaps some gun oil, to clean ANY old knife!!! They are NOT supposed to look 'like new', and doing so totally destroys ANY value the knife might have. If they get rusty, just gun oil and a rag to gently clean them off will be fine.

Thanks again for sharing. I'm workin, so no boozin for me to nite.

K-Bar, last word

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    Ken:

First, have a GREAT New Year. Thanks for posting those pics.

Yeah, that sheath is in need of some help. Sadly, once leather is 'gone', it's 'gone'. Saddle soap will probably preserve it enough at least for you to 'pass down' should you choose to do so. Thing is, you won't be able to 'use' it if you want to preserve it, since it's about had it. That's good, honest and 'no ****' wear, which makes it all the more valuable, though.

It's going to depend on what you want to do with it, really. If it's something you are sentimental about and just want to pass on, might I also suggest that you write up something about it, such as when/where you carried it, the actions it was in with you, etc. That makes it more than "just another knife", and gives it 'provenance' for the future. (I can't recall, though, if this is the one you carried or it's a 'find').

One important thing: DO NOT use steel wool, or ANY other cleaning type of product other than a clean rag and perhaps some gun oil, to clean ANY old knife!!! They are NOT supposed to look 'like new', and doing so totally destroys ANY value the knife might have. If they get rusty, just gun oil and a rag to gently clean them off will be fine.

Thanks again for sharing. I'm workin, so no boozin for me to nite.
    Treated myself to one drink, of that EGA bottle. Smooooth.
    Both of those knives are 'finds', Sgt. Some Merchant Marine Dork, 'liberated' mine from my seabag, on the way home from yonder. All of my knives will go to my kids, after I die. I'll be damned if they get them before.
    (Kidding) I've put tags on the ones I still have, with the name of the next owner on them. I've started passing the folding knives out, over the past two years, so I don't have many of those left. Thank you, again for your input, I needed it. S/F Ken

Good deal, Ken. I'm glad to have been of some small service. Happy New Year!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I do some learher work, and to soften and preserve, I use any hand lotion high in lanolin. Found my last at a paint store, lotion that meets OSHA standards for oil and laquer protection. High in lanolin. Really good to break in a new baseball glove. Or in the case of Sgt. Lep,,,,That new whip.

Well, yeah it's always seemed to wo...

HEY!

Whip?

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    I do some learher work, and to soften and preserve, I use any hand lotion high in lanolin. Found my last at a paint store, lotion that meets OSHA standards for oil and laquer protection. High in lanolin. Really good to break in a new baseball glove. Or in the case of Sgt. Lep,,,,That new whip.
    Somebody told me, he switched to a barbed wire 'Cat-O-Nine. is that true?
    S/F! Ken

LOL. Only in the political forums! :0

I'have beautiful knife ka-bar

Thread Information