Former poolee
Create Post

Thread: Former poolee

Lightbulb Former poolee

Hello Marines, I want to first say that I fully appreciate every last one of you for your service to our country. Let I was a former poolee to this fine organization in the past. But obviously I didn't go to boot because I had an urge to finish up my BA first. Well anyways, for the entire four years I regretted leaving the DEP and I was told by my former recruiter that I can't join again. I was on good terms with my recruiters but I was wondering if any of you Marines/ former recruiters know if this is true that I can't join again. I went through MEPs at the time. All my life I wanted to join the USMC, but I felt that it was important for my school first (economical reasons). I feel it's a duty of my to serve my country and I want to continue with what I left behind. So if anyone can help answer my question, it would be appreciated.

IST at the time
    Pull-ups: 11
    Crunches: 75
    1.5 miles: 11:24

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Call A Recruiter..............

Looks like you screwed up the first time, but when in doubt go army, like the Marine before said maybe the Marine Corps recruiter, Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatChevyGuy View Post
    Hello Marines, I want to first say that I fully appreciate every last one of you for your service to our country. Let I was a former poolee to this fine organization in the past. But obviously I didn't go to boot because I had an urge to finish up my BA first. Well anyways, for the entire four years I regretted leaving the DEP and I was told by my former recruiter that I can't join again. I was on good terms with my recruiters but I was wondering if any of you Marines/ former recruiters know if this is true that I can't join again. I went through MEPs at the time. All my life I wanted to join the USMC, but I felt that it was important for my school first (economical reasons). I feel it's a duty of my to serve my country and I want to continue with what I left behind. So if anyone can help answer my question, it would be appreciated.

IST at the time
    Pull-ups: 11
    Crunches: 75
    1.5 miles: 11:24
    Profile up.

Or you can completely bypass those pain in the ass scammers and go see an OSO(Officer Selection Officer) and become an officer. I assume you have a Bachelors, so all you need to do is put in a package with an OSO and go to OCS, then TBS. I was looking at doing ROTC but decided college just wasn't for me at the time, now I wish I had gone, did ROTC and became an Officer of Marines. Just some personal advice to give you. I think in the long run you'd actually get in faster that way too, since the wait for bootcamp is somewhere along the lines of like 14 months?

Thread Information