Has any NFL CB had a season like this before?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member

Has any NFL CB had a season like this before?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...vis-highlights

THIS IS RIDICULOUS (Darrelle Revis vs The Elite Wide Recievers 2009)

WEEK 1 Vs TEXANS (Andre Johnson)

4 Receptions - 35 Yards - 0 TD's

=====

WEEK 2 Vs PATRIOTS (Randy Moss)

4 Receptions - 29 Yards - 0 TD's

=====

WEEK 4 Vs SAINTS (Marques Colston)

2 Receptions - 33 Yards - 0 TD's

=====

WEEK 6 Vs BILLS (Terrell Owens)

3 Receptions - 13 Yards - 0 TD's

=====

WEEK 11 Vs PATRIOTS (Randy Moss)

5 Receptions - 34 Yards - 1 TD

=====

WEEK 12 Vs PANTHERS (Steve Smith)

1 Reception - 4 Yards - 0 TD's

=====

WEEK 13 Vs-BILLS (Terrell Owens)

3 Receptions - 31 Yards - 0 TD's

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I don't know if it's the best, but he's having one hell of a season anyway. Only 1 TD in 13 games is very good.

My recievers have been killing my fantasy scores.

Quote Originally Posted by firedog974 View Post
    My recievers have been killing my fantasy scores.
    Who you got?

Whoa whoa whoa.... don't forget he got a pic yesterday and put his hands on it at least 3 other times.

Quote Originally Posted by GSEMarine94 View Post
    Who you got?
    Antwaan Randle El (WAS), Jerricho Cotchery (NYJ) Steve Smith (NYG) and Miles Austin (DAL).
    None of them have put up any great numbers this year. It has been mediocre at best (aside from a breakout game here and there).

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    Antwaan Randle El (WAS), Jerricho Cotchery (NYJ) Steve Smith (NYG) and Miles Austin (DAL).
    None of them have put up any great numbers this year. It has been mediocre at best (aside from a breakout game here and there).
    Lucky that Derrelle Revis does not play against them

I have Marques Colston (NO), Miles Austin), and Mike Sims-Walker (Jac), none of which have been reliable, thank God for RB's

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    QB's combined stats when looking for their #1 WR, with Revis on the coverage:

19/53 (36%), 197 yards, 2 TDs, 5 INTs, 3.77 YPA, 20.7 QB Rating

That list of wide receivers is bogus. The Charger's happen to have the elite receivers in the NFL and a tough QB who can get the ball to them. Goodthing the Jets do not play the Chargers this year as Rivers and his receivers would have him for lunch.

Well Dog Lets see, How about Woodson for GB? Defensive player of the month for the NFC. And He's had tough receivers to go up against. Not to take anything away from Revis, He's good but lets see what happens.

There was this sticky cat in 1980....

They're saying Revis wrong. It's a Portuguese Basque name not so common but known in the Great Basin and pronounced "Rrev" like RPM's vrroom vrroom, sabes?

--->Dave

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    That list of wide receivers is bogus. The Charger's happen to have the elite receivers in the NFL and a tough QB who can get the ball to them. Goodthing the Jets do not play the Chargers this year as Rivers and his receivers would have him for lunch.

Can't let personal feeling in these discussions man. The reason being is that someone will probably tell you you are wrong. Right now, that someone is me.

Revis covers the #1 WR. San Diego's top pass catcher is Gates. Gates is a TE. SD has Vincent Jackson. That's it. I mean, sure, they have other guys who catch the occasional pass, but so does every other NFL team.

Anyways.

Moss leads the NFL is yards. Andre Johnson is just behind him at #4. Jackson is 14 on the list. The Colts have a WR and a TE above Jackson.

Colston is just behind Jackson, but I will remind you that NO has several very good pass catchers. Brees spreads the ball around alot.

T.O. , well, he isn't having a good year, same as Steve Smith (CAR). BUT, we all know that their QB's are playing like **** this year. Edwards got benched a while back, and Delhomme probably should have been benched a while back. Even still, Steve and T.O. are still dominant in the game. If either of those had a QB like Rivers or Brady or Brees, they would be in the top 5, at least.

So, I agree, Rivers is good. I agree that SD would beat the Jets. If they played, Rivers probably would throw for a bunch of yards. BUT, those would all be to Gates, who I will remind you, is a TE, and therefore would not be up agianst Revis, but some unlucky LB.

So, in closing, This IS a top list of WR's, and Revis IS a very good DB. You, Sir, are WRONG.

:P

(I'm a Panthers fan, btw. ****ing Delhomme. As much as I love him, I ****ing hate him.)

OH, and to you Marines who have Miles Austin and Steve Smith (NYG) as your recievers. My question to you is, who did you have BEFORE they had their breakout games and you dropped someone else to pick them up ? :P I'll give you Steve Smith as an auto draft pick, but you can't tell me you had Austin before his huge game a few weeks back. Anyways, I have Steve Smith (CAR) and Greg Jennings. THank god I have Brees too! I think he gave me 65 points last week. (Yahoo)

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    Well the season is not over...Revis STILL has to go up against Reggie Wayne Currently number 2 in NFL Rec

Chad Ochocinco, currently number 16 among NFL Rec and Roddy White (ATL) currently number 17.

Those teams area QB'd by Peyton Manning (Wayne) The number 1 NFL QB, Carson Palmer (Chad) The number 17 NFL QB and Matt Ryan (White) the number 18 NFL QB.

I don't think that I have ever seen ANY CB have to face this many TOP 20 NFL Receivers in a single season.

Haynes and Hayes were great with Haynes getting the nod to me. Lem Barney was also the real deal

Thread Information