What age?
Create Post

Thread: What age?

Marine Family Free Member CCHAPL's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

What age?

My name is chase am 16, I have been planning on going into the marines sense i was about 8. But recently i have been wondering if it would be better to go in at 17 or wait tell after i am 18. I have been told it would be a better idea to wait tell i am 18 because 17 is a little young. Does anyone have any advise on the subject? I would be really greatful.

The minimum age for enlistment in the United States Military is 17 (with parental consent) and 18 (without parental consent).
    Finish high school and get your diploma. Do not quit and get a GED.
    And when using the words Marine or Marine Corps, they will be capitalized at all times.

WMarine hit the nail right on the head, Good luck with your journey into our beloved Corps.

I went to bootcamp and mct at 17. It doesn't matter you get in early you retire younger, that's about it.

I went in at 17, the only effect it ever had on me was I couldn't buy my own smokes at MOS school. On the up-side you can always think of it this way..... The average Marine that comes in has to wait until 38 to retire at 20 years, you get to do it at age 37, lol.

Thread Information