Experiences in Vietnam
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Experiences in Vietnam

I am in college and have a class on Vietnam. I'm doing a paper and was looking for some help. I just wanted to find out whether or not any of you guys who went over didnt want to and were dis enfranchised due to the lack of public support towards the end of the war. Any help is appreciated and hopefully the question is clear enough.

Credits
    Savings
    The Question is clear enough. My Question is, Did you pick the subject or were you told what to write on by some Tree Huggin Liberal Prof. who was a Long Haired SOB who Protested & Spit on us when we came Home. While we were doing our BEST to bring Freedom to those who were less fortunate than we were and are? HELL NO I wasn't dis enfranchised. I got hit 3 times and if push comes to shuve I'd do it again. MY CORP and MY COUNTRY sent me . I hated to leave my wife and son but if we don't stop that damn Communistic Sore over there, it won't be long til it's growing here. Look at the shape we're in today. I just hope that when it's all Said & Done, we have Done MORE than we SAID.

no one told me to do it. i had to do a project where i interviewed vets and had questions. i was trying to find someone who disagreed with the war cause i have to write a 3 page paper about it and figured itd be easier to write a paper where i had some disagreements rather then where everyone i talk to agrees with eachother. i also have a research paper to do which i want to do on how military members were treated when they got home but i cant find any information on it.

Credits
    Savings
    Shouldn't be too hard to find Men to tell how they were treated when we got home. I spent 354 days in the Hospital and was operated on 9 times. Left the Hospital and Retired Out. Went back to Kentucky and enrolled at Eastern Kentucky University. About half way through my first Semester I was attending classes walking with a cane and my right arm stilk in a sling. A young girl ask me if I had been in a car wreck and I told her no that I was wounded in Viet Nam and her exact words were: Got what you deserved you Damn Baby Killer. Took three guys to keep me from kicking her little ass. I wish you The Best in your College endevors. Just don't let them Damn Liberal Profs. push any of their S**** on you. Semper Fi Brother... Foxman

thank you sir, i certainly wont. suprisingly the professors ive had with the exception of 1, they dont inject their own personal beliefs on the material. thank you again for your help.

Credits
    Savings
    Question ?
    You come to a Marine site looking for Liberal-Hippie- Me first viewpoints ?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Didn't want to go? Keep in mind there was a draft at the time. Some went to Canada, but most did their duty.

And remember,,,words mean things,,,no disrespect, just helpin a college kid,,,

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dicti...isenfranchised

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Vietnam Class Of '68 Graduation Was A B**CH

BigWayne..... I have no info to pass on to you other than you definitely picked a "touchy" topic. Good luck on it.

As for you fox and fist and the rest of you Nam vets that drop in on this thread.... Welcome Home and go easy with this thread.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thats a Big 10/4 on your last Gunny,I haven't been Sheep Dipped yet If I were too tell Him anymore I'd Have Too Kill Him

Credits
    Savings
    I wasn't trying to break hard on this thread. I Love this thread and my brothers and sisters that use it. I just noticed that he was a Lance and was going to college now. Just wanted to caution him NOT to listen to all the Bull Crap SOME of today's College Profs are putting out. If a Conservative doesn't believe in God he doesn't go to Church. If a Liberal doesn't believe in God , He wants God removed from everything.

You will get no arguement from me on that foxman. I just know that the questions he is asking will touch a nerve or two on some people. He is just trying to write a paper and I hope it's not intended to make any of our brothers, regardless of what branch they served in, look bad.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    had a wife and a kid on the way when i was drafted...being drafted i knew where i was headed and what i was going to be...USMC wasn't gonna waste lots of time and money in someone that was drafted...so no i really didn't want to go...but was taught from birth when you start something you do your best and finish it...Corps only reinforced that
    i was also disenchanted with the south vietnamese lack of interest in what we were doing...most were hardcore VC where we were or at least sympathisers...i had ans have nothing but contempt for those back here in the world that treated us like we were the ones in the wrong....or second class citizens.....thats all I'm going to say due to the fact that it makes the mercury rise when i get on this subject....to many of my bros KIA...for a bunch of no concerns
    be safe good people

thank you all for your responses. i realize Vietnam and the questions i posted are a very touchy subject and i appreciate no one taking it as disrespect or anything. I know that the military was not treated to well upon returning home and I was hoping to do my research paper on this topic but as I said above, I cant find anything online about it so I may have to switch to a different topic. Thank you all again. Semper Fi brothers.

No I wasn't forced to go. All through school from the 3rd grade on all I wanted to do was be a Marine like my father was. It was the Proudest day of my life when I graduated at Pariss Island and it still is to this day. Going to Viet Nam was Part of the Marines I wasn't glad to go but I felt it was my duty to My Corps and fellow Marines. And after Making it back I'm glad I went. I just feel guilty that I didn't re-up and put in a 2nd tour over there. I feel like I really let my freinds and fellow Marines down. If you E-Mail me I would be glad to share my stories with you. BJKpfaller@aol.com .That's if you don't mind the wandering of a feeble minded old fart.

Thread Information