No Covers Indoors!!!
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

No Covers Indoors!!!

Today while at the new MCX I got into young Devil Dog for wearing a hat indoors. A lady at the register said to me she knew Marines can't wear covers indoors, but didn't know if there was an order on this. I searched P1020.34G and could't find anything on the subject, but I am pretty sure there is a base order on this. I am curious if anyone knows where I can find the order on wearing hats indoors.

Thanks,
    Sgt Horwitz

They should have flyers on all the doors stating no covers, hats, pt gear, etc...

Hats are OK, covers NO GO. But most Marines understand not to wear any hat indoors. I don't think there is an Order on hats.

It's almost more of an unspoken rule, but some commands do restrict the wearing of hats indoors.

1005. CIVILIAN CLOTHING

7. Standards of Dress

e. When wearing civilian headgear it will be removed when indoors, except that women may wear headgear in accordance with established social norms. The wear of clothing articles not specifically designed to be normally worn as headgear (e.g. bandannas, doo rags...) are prohibited.

http://www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/sit...MCUR/URCH1.htm

IT was my understanding that you could wear a cover indoors if you were under arms

Quote Originally Posted by BVD View Post
    IT was my understanding that you could wear a cover indoors if you were under arms
    That you can or indeed have to, either that or wearing a "duty belt".

MCO P1020.34F
    MARINE CORPS UNIFORM REGULATIONS
    CHAPTER 3: UNIFORM ITEMS AND REGULATIONS FOR THEIR WEAR

3004. CAPS/HEADGEAR
    1. General

d. Headgear is normally removed indoors. Marines in a duty status and wearing side-arms or a pistol belt will remain covered indoors except when entering a space where a meal is in progress or religious services are being conducted. Headgear will be worn in Government vehicles, and in privately owned vehicles on base, except when doing so would present a hazard to safe driving.

http://www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/sit...CH3.htm#UR3004

A few years back there was a change in the order for liberty attire. No baseball hats are to be worn inside a building either. Will research further.

Sgt

K Sgt here is what I know, when I was in hats, covers, bandanna's, dew rags, etc where banned indoors on a military installation. That's how it was when I was in, and I'm sure its the same way to this day. That's not an order I see changing anytime soon. So I'm under the assumption your questioning whether or not you where in the right. Yes you where, without a doubt. I still take my hat off indoors to this day, unless Im at my dads, or my place. Semper!!

Hmmm... news to me. If I ever wear a hat around I always just leave it on, no one ever got into my **** about it either. But maybe that's just the nasty air wing... >:=]

>CH 5 d. Headgear is normally removed indoors. Marines in a duty status and wearing side-arms or a pistol belt will remain covered indoors except when entering a space where a meal is in progress or religious services are being conducted. Headgear will be worn in Government vehicles on military bases and installations, except when doing so would present a hazard to safe driving. Wear of headgear in privately owned vehicles is not required. (MARADMIN 322/05)

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    An old custom... if you enter a house covered you are insulting the propieter of the house and the builder of the house. You are telling them that you think the roof leaks so you must keep a cover on your head. You also insult the lady of the house by speaking to her in her home with a hat on your head. Lord help ya if you sit down at the dinner table with a hat on your head. Might work at dennys.

Call it a tradition and manners to remove your headgear when crossing a thresh hold.

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    Twitchell, I posted the same thing you just posted a couple posts back (post #8).
    My bad WMarine! LOL Semper FI

No problem Twitchell....Semper Fi!

Thread Information