If your a Marine Reservist do you still have to do all your MCI's for promotion?
Create Post

If your a Marine Reservist do you still have to do all your MCI's for promotion?

and do they let you do as many as you want?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by BMGV91 View Post
    If you're a Marine Reservist, do you still have to do all your MCI's for promotion, and do they let you do as many as you want?
    Ask the question this way - If you're a Marine, do you still have to do all your MCI's for promotion, and do they let you do as many as you want?

My answer would be yes, but one or 2 of us on here have no clue what an MCI is, now have we ever done any.

Good question however.

Yes you still need to do MCI's. For reserves, you order them from the website and they ship them to your house, then when your ready to take the test you go to the reserve unit and see the training NCO. They will let you take the tests, and then submit them and when they are processed, you can order more. The thing with MCI's, is yes you can do every single one of them, but after so many, the points max out at 100, and 7 MCI's equal that (each is worth 15pts).

You will here this plenty of times. Do them. Everyone sais it, but for some odd reason we just forget or put it off. There easy as hell, and don't take up to much of your time. There are a few Lcp's that can pick up if they just do there MCI's, but they just don't do them.

Duh

Dude do your MCI's I got mine, and did them the first week I had them. There easy as hell, and do it as if it was an open book test. Its all about initiative, and wanting to get promoted. I did mine, and was on the list for Corporal in 2003, didn't pick up because I was getting out on Medical. Its the point of the matter non the less you wanna get promoted do your MCI's. Semper

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post
    Ask the question this way - If you're a Marine, do you still have to do all your MCI's for promotion, and do they let you do as many as you want?

My answer would be yes, but one or 2 of us on here have no clue what an MCI is, now have we ever done any.

Good question however.
    Does it really matter how I ask the question?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    MCI's is remote training. A leg up on a professional school if you will. As a reservist taking as many as you can is to your benefit as the school might not be readilly available. It's not all about promotion points either. It is training that will improve you as a Marine. The promotion points is an incentive for you to do the MCI's.

If you do not know yourself and seek self improvement then you are destined to be a terminal Lance Corporal.

Credits
    Savings
    Does it really matter how I ask the question?
    I took the word reservist out to make the point that a Marine is a Marine.

If that wadded your skivvies, you are a bit thin skinned.

Do you actually know the difference between an active, retired, reservist, or veteran Marine?

No it didn't really bother me, it was just a quick question I had. I do know the difference between all those.
    Active- you work everyday full time
    Reserves- you work one weekend a month and 2 weeks a year until you get deployed
    Veteran- is someone who was in the service for any amount of time
    Retired- is someone who was in the service for at least 20 years and retired

No it didn't really bother me, it was just a quick question I had. I do know the difference between all those.
    Active- you work everyday full time
    Reserves- you work one weekend a month and 2 weeks a year until you get deployed
    Veteran- is someone who was in the service for any amount of time
    Retired- is someone who was in the service for at least 20 years and retired

Wrong answer ... They are ALL Marines

Quote Originally Posted by Zebra29er View Post
    Wrong answer ... They are ALL Marines
    He asked whats the difference between them not what they have in common.

That's not the point Big Al was trying to make.
    The original question to this thread is........If your a Marine Reservist do you still have to do all your MCI's for promotion? and do they let you do as many as you want?
    The point Big Al was trying to make is that whether you're active, retired, reservist, or a veteran, they are ALL Marines no matter what, and that a Marine who is in the reserves will have to do MCI's for promotion just like an active duty Marine would.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    That's not the point Big Al was trying to make.
    The original question to this thread is........If your a Marine Reservist do you still have to do all your MCI's for promotion? and do they let you do as many as you want?
    The point Big Al was trying to make is that whether you're active, retired, reservist, or a veteran, they are ALL Marines no matter what, and that a Marine who is in the reserves will have to do MCI's for promotion just like an active duty Marine would.

**** it. He knows all the answers.

Now that he was chastised, he got his knickers in a wad.

**** with one, you **** with them ALL!!

Okay don't go away mad, just go away!!

Thread Information