Pullups
Create Post

Thread: Pullups

Pullups

Alright, i desperately need to work on my pullups, the thing is, i have no regular access to a pullup bar or anything that can be used like one.

any suggestions?

Tips:

1: Run to a playground, grab the monkey bars and pull, man, pull!

2: Bar between 2 chairs, you lay on the ground, grab the bar, and do reverse pushups.

3: Pushups like your life depends on it.

4: Buy a pullup bar that can be mounted on a doorframe

5: Sink 150$, get a power tower (basically a freestanding pullup bar with extra stuff)

Hope this helps!

Be cheap like me and kneel on the floor and put your hands on either side of your head and raise them until straight and go back down. Do 5 sets of 30 with 10 push ups in between, and do it once a day and by the end of the month you will have more than 5. No weights, no excuses.

Do a search, there are many, many threads on this topic

Google homemade pull-up bars. The supplies at home depot or lows are pretty cheap, you just have to take the time and effort to build it. I'm going to be hanging one from the garage ceiling soon.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    100 bucks gets you a power tower for pull ups, dips, and leg raises. you don't need anything else until you go to boot camp - if you can't manage a hundred dollar total by June, you're either kidding yourself or you need a job

This is an alternative to pullups. In any event I recommend also doing pullups but if you have no good way to do them for one reason or another go to your recruiters office once or twice a week.

http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/540/

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I have a tree in my backyard that has a perfect branch for pull-ups, you should check if you do too. If not, just run down to an elementary school or park or something, they all have have monkey bars and such.

Alright thanks you guys, this helps alot.

I found a four foot metal pole and tied it to the support beams in my garage and used that for a pull up bar. It helps more because the bar isn't stationary and swings, so you practice more control when pulling up. Pretty cool...and it was free.

Thread Information