Speeding Ticket for 80 in a 65 NEED HELP!
Closed Thread

Speeding Ticket for 80 in a 65 NEED HELP!

I just got a speeding ticket for 80 in a 65. I've never got in trouble in my whole life so I was like ****ting bricks. I leave for bootcamp January 4th, 2010 and I want to know what I do? This is my first time ever getting a ticket so is there a way I can get this whipped off my record so it stays clean as a bell and I wont have any problems later on down the road. Also I just now noticed I can't even read how much the ticket is for, the officer had chicken scratch for writing...

Any help on this would be awesome I'm freaking out.
    Also I know to tell my recruiter, I'm calling him in the morning, or I'll swing by his office.

Get in-touch with your Recruiter ASAP!

And get in-touch with a mod to have the thread on this topic deleted in the poolee forum. Double posting isn't allowed.

Here's another idea: Pay attention to yer speed while you're driving! Get ready to hear this a thousand times a day in boot camp: "ATTENTION TO DETAIL!!!!!"

It was a mistake, I was driving back from work after I just finished my 12 hour shift and I was very sleepy and didn't notice how fast I was going. I'm human, I make mistakes...

Get it paid off, tell your recruiter it has been done. I got a ticket before bootcamp, too, I got it paid off ASAP and nothing happened.

I got into an accident before enlisting into the Marine Corps. No bodily injury, just vehicles. I was issued a ticket because of it. I paid if off and moved on. It has not caused me a problem as of yet. Just inform your recruiter about it and he'll probably tell you to pay it off as going to see a judge could be a drawn out process causing your ship date to be pushed back.

Relax. You'll be fine. In the State of Vermont (based on your recruiter's # I assume that's where you're from?) that is not a criminal offense, it is simply a traffic infraction.
    Fixing this is simple: FIRST, call the court for the municipality in which the citation was issued. SECOND, tell the court your situation and explain that you would like to know if you are eligible a deferment program (The ticket will disappear from you record and leave you with no points as long as you do not get a ticket again within the prescribed amount of time.) THIRD, pay the ticket in full...today. and LASTLY, call your recruiter and tell him' "SSgt, I fvcked up and got a speeding ticket because I don't know how to read those little signs on the side of the roadway BUT I have taken care of it already. Here is my receipt." There...Problem solved. Drive safe... I used to live in VT. There aren't a whole lot of roads in the Green Mountain State that are safe to do 80 on. Besides, dying before boot camp ruins your chances of becoming a United States Marine. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Last edited by GasChamber Guru; 11-23-09 at 12:50 AM. Reason: typo

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    by JordanH It was a mistake, I was driving back from work after I just finished my 12 hour shift and I was very sleepy and didn't notice how fast I was going. I'm human, I make mistakes...

First of all you need to reevaluate yourself excuses are like a-holes, everyone has one. Now mistakes are bad they get you and others killed when precision means everything. Tell your recruiter immediately then relax and do some self reflecting on how not to ever let your foot put you in line to destroy your or others future.

Jim

As already mentioned..... just pay it off then report it to your recruiter and show him/her the reciept from the ticket being paid. No biggie and it wont hurt you later.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jinelson View Post
    First of all you need to reevaluate yourself excuses are like a-holes, everyone has one. Now mistakes are bad they get you and others killed when precision means everything. Tell your recruiter immediately then relax and do some self reflecting on how not to ever let your foot put you in line to destroy your or others future.

Jim

Well said .
    The Life you save may be MINE!!!
    Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Credits
    Savings
    ... all I have read is that you were tired and the officer had chicken scratch. If you can't handle a 12 hour shift, you won't be able to handle the Marines.

Manage your time. It was nobodys fault but yours.

Own up padawan. You ****ed up. Take responsibility for your own actions.

Ironically enough, I was faced with a similar situation last month here in Virginia. Driving home for lunch on the 95, I got caught doing 86 in a 65. State Trooper wrote me a ticket for Reckless Driving and I had to appear in court...on the day before Veteran's Day.

So I go up in front of the judge and he says,

Judge: "Well, you were driving pretty fast."

Me: "Yes your honor, I was, no excuse, just going home"

J: "Your driving record is clean, no tickets?"

M: "No sir, I've been out of the country for pretty much the last 7 years"

J: "What were you doing out of the country that long?"

M: "Well, when I was an active duty Marine, I deployed 4 consecutive years to Iraq and then when I got out, I went back again as a contractor for another year...so 2009 is my first full year back at home."

J: "You're a Marine?"

M: "Yes Sir."

J: "How would you like to take a defensive driving course and have this wiped of your record?"

M: "I'd like that a lot sir."

J: "Ok, let's do that then. Thank you for serving our country and Happy early Veteran's Day"

LOL, I breathed a big sigh of relief then. It'll cost me $40 for the online course and certificate...much better than the potential year suspension of my liscense and $1,500 fine.

Yes, I have slowed down since then.

When I got a ticket in tennessee, I paid half of the ticket, and took at Driving Class. Got wiped from my record. Maybe you can do something like that. Let your recruiter know though, just incase. And don't worry about these other responses. I know when driving on the 5 I ususally go with the flow of traffic, which happens to be about 20 over..

@0231Marine: That would be great if I could do that defensive driving course. At this point I just want it off my record like it never happened, but I don't care if they want any cash from me I'll pay it. I want my record to stay clean.

Thread Information