What is your goal IST before you ship out? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by trmptplyr View Post
    lol yeah I know. With an IST like mine I would've thought it could've gone unsaid that an 18:00 3 mile is a long term goal.
    Your goal isn't to much of a long shot. I mean look at the goals I set for myself. 100 pull ups and 150 crunches. Now thats a long shot. But its possible! Lol

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Capital M View Post
    Our recruiter gave us some advice that seems to make sense; When prioritizing working out, put pullups and crunches first, before running. When doing the PFT if you max out on pull ups and crunches. you only need 25 points to get a 1st class. That means you can run it in like 25:30 (if I'm doing math correctl) and still have a first class PFT.

Now by no means am I saying slack (or saying my recruiter told us to slack, for that matter), but Mulls that extra 30 seconds is no where near as important as the extra 12 pull ups you need. I'd hit up every pull up program out there in order to get those 60 points you don't have. Keep pushin and pullin bro
    yup, definitely trying. these long ass arms on my 6'3 body make the pull ups suck, but i'm definitely improving.

Quote Originally Posted by eleventen32 View Post
    My Goal IST

Pull Ups: 100
    Crunches: 150
    1 1/2 Mile Run: 8:00
    Haha 100 pull ups? Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulls View Post
    yup, definitely trying. these long ass arms on my 6'3 body make the pull ups suck, but i'm definitely improving.
    No excuses man. I'm 6'2 and change, weight about 195, and got long ass lanky arms. Had shoulder surgery last December, started out with 6 pullups on my original IST. I'm up to 13/14 depending on the day.

All it takes is doin them over and over again. Put a bar in a major doorway and max set it every time you go in/out of your room. You'll get up there

Quote Originally Posted by TheRichmondKid View Post
    Haha 100 pull ups? Good luck.
    I hate to tell you but the record number of pull ups done by a Marine is well over 100. In fact the depot pull up record is set at 131. The record was set by PFC Collin Bell.

You can accomplish whatever you put your mind to. If you don't put your mind to it... well "good luck".

I hate to tell you but the record number of pull ups done by a Marine is well over 100. In fact the depot pull up record is set at 131. The record was set by PFC Collin Bell.

You can accomplish whatever you put your mind to. If you don't put your mind to it... well "good luck".
    My "good luck" was sincere. No need to be a

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Capital M View Post
    No excuses man. I'm 6'2 and change, weight about 195, and got long ass lanky arms. Had shoulder surgery last December, started out with 6 pullups on my original IST. I'm up to 13/14 depending on the day.

All it takes is doin them over and over again. Put a bar in a major doorway and max set it every time you go in/out of your room. You'll get up there
    word, i have a pull up station outside, i run out and do a 60-70% max set every time i pass my back door, plus i'm doing the armstrong program. up 3 pull ups in 2 weeks so far.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRichmondKid View Post
    My "good luck" was sincere. No need to be a

Damn is that what you look like? I don't think thats what the Marine Corps means by lean and mean. LMAO Just messing with you bro. I figured since you put "haha" in your post you were trying to be a

My last I.S.T as of 11-7-09 was: 19 pull-ups, 83 crunches, and 8:34 1 1/2 mile run.(I know my signature is different but havent been on in a while to change it lol) My goal before R.T is: 25 pull-ups, 120+ crunches and to break into the 7 minute time frame. But I ship in June so I know ill be there by that time.

A sub-8 minute 1.5 run would be pretty dam good. You almost have an 18:00 3 mile too. good luck! I'm sure you'll make it

Thanks. Im sure I will too. I just noticed that I depped in 6 days after you and I ship to Paradise Island 7 days after you lol.

lol

I need to get

25 pull ups
    120 crunches
    8 minute 1 1/2

I think everyones goal by the PFT test in RT would be 20 pullups 100 crunches and 18 minute three mile. My goal is to be on my way there by the time I take the original IST in RT. I am thinking 12-15 pullups, 80-100 crunches, 9:30 mile and a half. I have been steadily improving and have a pool function today so I hope I have gotten better since my last IST.

Quote Originally Posted by joshpike4 View Post
    I think everyones goal by the PFT test in RT would be 20 pullups 100 crunches and 18 minute three mile. My goal is to be on my way there by the time I take the original IST in RT. I am thinking 12-15 pullups, 80-100 crunches, 9:30 mile and a half. I have been steadily improving and have a pool function today so I hope I have gotten better since my last IST.
    How did you do?

Thread Information