Nooooooooooooo
Create Post

Thread: Nooooooooooooo

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Nooooooooooooo

i've been praying for my date to move up in boot camp, as you can see from my signature i'm shipping out 20100607...i just got a call to ship out NEXT WEEK! then i found out the catch - i'd have to give up presidential security for military police. i would do it, except we're already in the middle of getting my mom dual citizenship (she's from England, she's been in the US for about 30 years) solely so that i can fulfill the requirements of top secret security clearance (all immediate family members must be US citizens). while I was originally shooting for K9 dog handler, I turned it down to keep my current MOS because my parents and friends convinced me that working at the White House and Camp David would be much more exciting. Only problem is, IM KICKING MYSELF IN THE ****ING HEAD NOW, just like I KNEW i would...all i've been complaining about for the past month is how long I have to wait, and i get a chance to go next week and turn it down like a dumbass...it's too late now, the spots already been taken, but I still had to rant somewhere about it. Balls.

You did what you thought was best, friend. Usually the first decision is the best one.

I understand your frustration now, but when it is said and done, you will be happy that you stuck to your guns.

Think of it, too, as time to get a perfect PFT before you ever hit the Island.

Good luck to you.

IMO that was a stupid move. You could just reenlist in 4 years (when the citizenship is squared away) as presidential security and from what I hear thats a pretty boring job.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Endurance89 View Post
    You did what you thought was best, friend. Usually the first decision is the best one.

I understand your frustration now, but when it is said and done, you will be happy that you stuck to your guns.

Good luck to you.
    thanks bud. if the opportunity comes up again though, i dont think i'll be able to resist. youre right though, i need to up my pull ups and work on my 3-mile run time, and 6 months is enough time for me to shoot for a 275 at least - but i'd still go right now.

I really wanted to work with K9's too, but that is the only aspect of MP's that interested me so I opted to go for a contract that included more jobs I would like. I probably would have given up Presidential Security to go 7 months sooner. Like endurance said, You could have tried to lat move/re-enlist.

Oh well, it was your decision, seems like you got the right idea, KEEP UP THAT MOTO. 6 Months to get a 275!??!. You could easily get a 300.

Plus it'll be nice to have one more person still around here. Seems like everybody left this week or is leaving next. >:0

dont mean to be a prick but what sounds exciting about standing guard?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensen139 View Post
    dont mean to be a prick but what sounds exciting about standing guard?
    it's more the prospect of guarding the president that excites me than standing guard, but as i said, i'm already kicking myself - i'm more interested in just being a Marine. Still, at least I still get to go through ITB instead of MCT.

capitalM - obviously a 300 is the final goal, but my run time plateaus way too often - it's gonna be hard as **** to get that sub 18 runtime.

Yeah man, I feel ya. Once a week try 2-4x800-1600m sprints. In between, do light jogging. During cross country, that dropped my 5k down into the sub 20 area. It sucks, sprinting for a half mile, and you'll want tog iv up. But if you follow through, it works

Should have taken MP with the early ship date, i'd kill to get an MP contract and besides you would get to stand guard and protect hundres if not thousands or other Marines, hopefully even see combat, and you wouldn't be tempted to slap Obama across the face

Guarding the President is a prestigious job and if that's what you want, don't feel bad about passing up another job with an earlier date. It's your career, do what YOU want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by trmptplyr View Post
    Guarding the President is a prestigious job and if that's what you want, don't feel bad about passing up another job with an earlier date. It's your career, do what YOU want to do.
    Exactly.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Poolee Johnson View Post
    Should have taken MP with the early ship date, i'd kill to get an MP contract and besides you would get to stand guard and protect hundres if not thousands or other Marines, hopefully even see combat, and you wouldn't be tempted to slap Obama across the face
    yeah, i'm not one of the people who wants Obama dead for not getting us out of the largest recession since the Great Depression in less than one quarter of his first term, so don't worry.

a PFC was nice enough to PM me and let me know that my mom being from England in the first place is going to cause huge complications when getting a top secret clearance, so depending on what my recruiter says about this, i'll be even more angry at myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Endurance89 View Post

Good luck to you.
    I agree with Endurance.

Just shake it off brother, you'll appreciate your patience later on.

Thread Information