Anyone else excited/nervous?
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anyone else excited/nervous?

I am shipping out in January and am so excited. All I think about every single day is becoming a Marine. I have been in the DEP for over six months now and I am finally closing in on my ship date. I just wanted to share my excitement with other people and to see how you guys are all preparing. I can't wait to be part of something thats bigger than myself. I feel the butterflies in my stomach like before a big football game(athletes you know what I am talking about). But this is like a million times stronger than that. If anyone is shipping to San Diego the same day as me message me. 20100125

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Wow, I know exactly what you mean. I have been in the DEP for three and a half months now and I ship out on December 1st. Imagine how the butterflies will feel when you have less than a week left! I wish you the best of luck and stay moto throughout bootcamp!

I'm right there with you guys. I've wanted to earn the Title since I was in junior high. I got sidetracked by college, but now I'm finally going to fulfill a life goal of mine.

Ship date 14 DEC 09! Cannot wait!

Quote Originally Posted by JenLat View Post
    I got sidetracked by college, but now I'm finally going to fulfill a life goal of mine.

You and me both.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Try this,,,,,,,,

Pretty sure I've already messaged you prior to this, memory is failing at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    Try this,,,,,,,,

Sgt, I think your book advice is more practical, it gets the point across in a more "physical" way... and relieves tension better

Take a nice thick book on the bus.. Not for reading,,,,,to smack yourself on the head while saying " Why did I do this?",,,,"Why did I do this?"

I know exactly how you feel, I been in the DEP since May and I leave on Jan 4th. Its right around the corner.

Credits
    Savings
    im right there with all of you. I enlisted may 20th or somethin, and i leave Dec. 1. only 12 days left!!! this has been a dream of mine for my whole life. I recently found a picture of myself at around 8 years old with cammies on and a U.S. Marines patch over the left pocket. For all of you that still have a month ago.. hang in there. The waiting only gets harder as you get closer.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Look,,,,,, It's like this,,,, Once you hit the prints you'll barely have time to squat or breathe. It's outta your hands so for now, get over it. Best advice ever on these threads is "Enjoy your Family". You are about to get a new one.

I, for one, shall look forward to calling you all Brothers, and Sisters. Semper Fi,,,and enjoy the ride.

Sparkie Out.

Look,,,,,, It's like this,,,, Once you hit the prints you'll barely have time to squat or breathe. It's outta your hands so for now, get over it. Best advice ever on these threads is "Enjoy your Family". You are about to get a new one.

I, for one, shall look forward to calling you all Brothers, and Sisters. Semper Fi,,,and enjoy the ride.

Sparkie Out.
    I look forward to that day, Sergeant.

I think I am more prepared for Boot Camp now than ever. I've been doing cardio almost every day and lifting weights as well. I'm not as nervous as I am excited to finally get there and earn the title.

The thing I am most worried about is the transition period. The first two weeks are going to be like a shock and awe period where you think you understand what is going to happen but it is 100 times worse. That is where I think I will have most of my trouble. And of course all of the mental games throughout. People call me crazy for wanting an environment like that but I know who I am and I understand that for me personally I need the discipline and order to make me a better person. Oh well. I am just plain excited to do something with my life.

Quote Originally Posted by JenLat View Post
    I got sidetracked by college...
    +2

HAHAHAHAHA...sidetracked by college...yeah heaven forbid college be a good thing.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    i know what they mean when they say sidetracked by college - i told my parents i was joining, they said do a year of college and then decide again. i did it, had fun, made mad friends, got a good GPA and 41 credits for my PFC promotion, and now there's nothing my parents can say. on one hand it felt like a waste of time, on the other hand, i know i tried it, i made friends out of it, and got my promotion from it. i don't leave til June, and i'm ****ed off about that, but my MOS prevents me from being able to switch to any other date. when the recruiter asked me to pick jobs, i said i honestly don't care that much, i'm just joining to be a Marine. as a result, i got a really sweet MOS but due to it being sweet i got a shipdate that requires a time machine to get to and i have to work 50 hours a week as a personal trainer for 6 months before i can go.

Thread Information