Spare Parachute T-21
Create Post

Spare Parachute T-21

I'm finally putting together a display case of awards/ribbons etc I received back in '66. I was airborne for half the 50 months I was in with 1st ANGLICO and it don't seem right without including something other than my gold jump wings to indicate I was a jumper. Consequently does anyone have any idea/suggestion where I may be able to get my hands on the HANDLE for a T-21 spare parachute? It's rectangular in shape, made out of aluminum and has an 6 to 10 inch 1/8" cable attached. When pulled it releases the "pilot 12" parachute" that pulls the spare parachute out. I've been trying to find one from the Marines as I don't want to go to the Army. A matter of principal if you know what I mean. I've talked a couple times with Marines at Pendelton, including ANGLICO, but nobody ever gets back to me. Could someone tell me who to call or where to go to retrieve one of these? I'd be happy to pay whatever it costs. Semper Fi!!

T-21

Sir:

My name is GySgt Hollander of 4th ANGLICO in West Palm Beach, FL. I have spoken with our Paraloft Chief, Sgt Dan Berman. He can provide you with a T-10 handle, which is the successor to the T-21. You can contact him at (561) 683-4443, ext. 353. He does not have an unlimited supply, so this will probably be a one shot deal.

If need be, you can contact me at reid.hollander@usmc.mil. Thank you for your service in Vietnam.

R/S
    GySgt Hollander
    4th ANGLICO

T-21 Handle

Quote Originally Posted by fasteropr View Post
    I'm finally putting together a display case of awards/ribbons etc I received back in '66. I was airborne for half the 50 months I was in with 1st ANGLICO and it don't seem right without including something other than my gold jump wings to indicate I was a jumper. Consequently does anyone have any idea/suggestion where I may be able to get my hands on the HANDLE for a T-21 spare parachute? It's rectangular in shape, made out of aluminum and has an 6 to 10 inch 1/8" cable attached. When pulled it releases the "pilot 12" parachute" that pulls the spare parachute out. I've been trying to find one from the Marines as I don't want to go to the Army. A matter of principal if you know what I mean. I've talked a couple times with Marines at Pendelton, including ANGLICO, but nobody ever gets back to me. Could someone tell me who to call or where to go to retrieve one of these? I'd be happy to pay whatever it costs. Semper Fi!!

Sir:

My name is GySgt Hollander of 4th ANGLICO in West Palm Beach, FL. Please send me your mailing information. My unit can provide a T-10 handle, which is the successor to the T-21, I believe.

My e-mail is reid.hollander@usmc.mil. Thank you for your service in Vietnam.

R/S
    GySgt Hollander

Very nice, way to get er done! Semper Fi, Gunny!

Parachute Handle

All:

We are no longer accepting any more requests for T-10 handles.

SF
    GySgt Hollander

Parachute Handle

ALCON:

We are no longer accepting any more requests for parachute handles. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

SF
    GySgt Hollander

R/S
    GySgt Hollander
    4th ANGLICO
    [Semper Fidelis]

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thank You Gunny,your a good Man Your keeping America Free Happy Thanksgiving too You and Yours S/F

Appreciated your help!

Thanks again for your help Gunny, I've been looking for one of those for a long time. I've not been a member of this site for long but it's interesting to note that some of the comments regarding the old vs new corps is meaningless when it comes to what we've each been through and what we became-Marines. We hang together regardless of anything else. So here I am some 44 years later and someone I've never met and who has absolutely nothing to gain by helping me, helps me. You made my day Gunny and if I could buy a couple kegs for you and your platoon I would. I know that's not allowed by some MCO but it's the thought that counts. Semper Fi! Airborne!

Outstanding! Its great to hear about Marines helping out Marines!

Happy Thanksgiving All!

Semper Fi!

Smile t-21

Thanks again Gunny. It sure was a nice compliment to my display case. SF Airborne!!

Thread Information