Am I ready for OCS? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post
    1. Why is it, when the questions are asked, then the answers given, and they don't suit you, do folks become upset, looking for something else.

2. You expected Woody to look up your dress and rad your mind?? **** with 1 Marine, and you **** with them all.

no offence but its not that the answer didn't suit me, its just it was irrelevant to what i was asking. then everyone gets all mad b/c they 'cant understand' what i was asking' and think they have to get cyber thug on me

to clarify im simply trying to understand the ratio of physical demand to leadership testing during the OCS program

an example of an answer might be 2:1 physical to leadership, or even a percentage would be more than sufficient

thank yoU!

Well, go and you'll find out. STOP harassing the other Marines, or you're going to let out a whole **** ton of a mess that you won't be able to clean up.

Quote Originally Posted by polizei View Post
    Well, go and you'll find out. STOP harassing the other Marines, or you're going to let out a whole **** ton of a mess that you won't be able to clean up.
    ok asking information of marines, on a dedicated forum for wannabes is harassing? i thought that was one of the purposes of this website is so people like me can pick REAL marines brains and get real answers instead of what we see on TV and stuff.

I don't see any Marines being "cyber thugs" towards you. If you can't handle a bit of sarcasm on the internet, you're going to have a rough time of it if you decide to go to OCS.
    Learn when to keep your mouth shut towards Marines and just move on. Like Big Al said...when you mess with one Marine, you mess with us all.

Quote Originally Posted by levey24 View Post
    ok asking information of marines, on a dedicated forum for wannabes is harassing? i thought that was one of the purposes of this website is so people like me can pick REAL marines brains and get real answers instead of what we see on TV and stuff.
    Obviously, you haven't read the rules..........

[Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members

Welcome aboard Leatherneck.com, its important that you be advised that we have rules here that will best help you prepare to enter one of the two MCRD's. Your failure to comply with any of them will get you in trouble.

Rule One you are not a Marine and this is a Marine site therefore you have no rights and are merely a guest that we wish to help achieve your goal!

Rule Three when using the words Marine or Corps on this site they will be capitalized at all times!

Rule Five be courteous at all times with your peers and especially with Marines, if you verbally attack someone you will be dealt with severely and disrespect to a Marine will not be tolerated

Rule Eleven be ready and flexible to accept any and all new rules and criticism at all times. Use your time here to prepare yourself for the greatest challenge you will ever face!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...=29048&page=15

Read this before posting in Ask A Marine

7. No crying, please. If you are posting here, you must want to be a Marine. If one of our answers hurts your feelings or you feel we are not treating you nicely, you may want to consider a different career. If you cannot handle things said to you on the internet, you will not survive in our Corps. Wal-mart is always accepting applications.

8. Expect respect until you disrespect. Marines follow a tradition of mentorship which is the reason why most of us answer questions here. If we perceive a bad attitude in your correspondence with us, you may become familiar with more of our traditions, hostility and belligerence. Don’t go away mad. Just go away. The site administrator will expedite your departure.

9. Why argue? Even if done respectfully, there is no point in expressing rebuttals or contrary opinions to our responses. If we are wrong, another Marine will correct us if necessary. We understand that things change and we can occasionally learn things. However, unless you’re a Marine and BTDT, your input doesn’t carry much weight with us. As one of our brothers said “arguing on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics; you may win, but you’re still retarded.”

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59447

I understand you came here for a conversation, but you also stepped into an environment where (much like Boot Camp or OCS), questions are asked for a direct answer... not a back and forth conversation. When you receive an answer to your question, accept it and consider it hard before you ask for more clarification. The answer you are looking for may well be contained in what you were given... it's just not the obvious surface answer.

Much like a college textbook which does not give you outright answers to your eventual test questions, you must read, consider, and comprehend to be adequately prepared to pass your eventual exam. OCS is a pop quiz. Real life scenarios with life and death consequences will be your exam.

Consider this carefully. Your fear is of failing OCS for physical reasons... why? Because you would look bad? To yourself? Your friends?

Physical training in a military indoctrination program is not primarily to test your actual manual strength. Rather, to test your mental courage and ability to persevere through your physical pain. It shows very tangibly your level of intangible "never say die" attitude.

That being said, you will be graded against the other candidates and if you don't measure up... you will be dismissed as being less than ideal. This includes physical conditioning as well as aptitude for teamwork, ability to lead, willingness to follow, propensity to encourage others, level of intestional fortitude, etc.

You're a big guy. I suggest you spend some serious time on a pull-up program. Under 10 will likely not even get you an invite to OCS, much less help you pass. Your physical conditioning WILL go down while you're there because you will be tired, worn out, cranky, and stressed and your body will suffer.

So in short, are you ready for OCS? No.

Could you be? Sure. Given time and preparation, anyone could be.

Are you ready for the leadership portion? No one here can tell you. You will prove that when you arrive.

Now, unless you have something fundamentally different to ask, I suggest you take some time to go work on yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrowei View Post
    I understand you came here for a conversation, but you also stepped into an environment where (much like Boot Camp or OCS), questions are asked for a direct answer... not a back and forth conversation. When you receive an answer to your question, accept it and consider it hard before you ask for more clarification. The answer you are looking for may well be contained in what you were given... it's just not the obvious surface answer.

Much like a college textbook which does not give you outright answers to your eventual test questions, you must read, consider, and comprehend to be adequately prepared to pass your eventual exam. OCS is a pop quiz. Real life scenarios with life and death consequences will be your exam.

Consider this carefully. Your fear is of failing OCS for physical reasons... why? Because you would look bad? To yourself? Your friends?

Physical training in a military indoctrination program is not primarily to test your actual manual strength. Rather, to test your mental courage and ability to persevere through your physical pain. It shows very tangibly your level of intangible "never say die" attitude.

That being said, you will be graded against the other candidates and if you don't measure up... you will be dismissed as being less than ideal. This includes physical conditioning as well as aptitude for teamwork, ability to lead, willingness to follow, propensity to encourage others, level of intestional fortitude, etc.

You're a big guy. I suggest you spend some serious time on a pull-up program. Under 10 will likely not even get you an invite to OCS, much less help you pass. Your physical conditioning WILL go down while you're there because you will be tired, worn out, cranky, and stressed and your body will suffer.

So in short, are you ready for OCS? No.

Could you be? Sure. Given time and preparation, anyone could be.

Are you ready for the leadership portion? No one here can tell you. You will prove that when you arrive.

Now, unless you have something fundamentally different to ask, I suggest you take some time to go work on yourself.

thank you for your answer !!!! that's what i was looking for ! much appreciated

Credits
    Savings
    thank you for your answer !!!! that's what i was looking for ! much appreciated
    Classic. The good Cap'n said the exact same things we did.

This is a dead thread, as all questions asked, have been answered.

As for me, I'm outta here! The rest of you enjoy.

im simply trying to understand the ratio of physical demand to leadership testing during the OCS program

an example of an answer might be 2:1 physical to leadership, or even a percentage would be more than sufficient

thank yoU!
    Hell, I say just go for it. That already sounds like something an Officer would say...lol

Credits
    Savings
    This kids got an attitude already......he'll be a great officer

And I definetly think you should capitalize Marines when you type that out there college grad

Good luck. I think you need to do what you feel is best for you. Officers don't have an easy job!

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    That's Marines to you....and I'd watch your tone there when speaking to Marines!

Wannabes & Poolees-when using the word MARINE CORPS, it will be capitalized at all times. Show RESPECT to Marines by calling us Marines, NOT 'guys and gals'. Also, show RESPECT to the Marines who answer your questions by saying "Thanks Marines", NOT 'Thanks guys'.
    -You're a douche. You make yourself sound stupid.

Let's see here....no profile, fail to follow site rules, and a completely unconstructive post on a question that's already been answered.......

Bye....

Thread Information