What to bring to MCT?
Create Post

What to bring to MCT?

Good evening,

I didn’t know where else to post(since I’m locked out of most threads) so I figured I'd post here.

I just finished recruit training, I had a fun time!
    Anyways, there was a website that the 1stsgt gave us that had a list of everything you should bring to MCT, I lost the paper that I had it written down on.

So if anyone knows the website, or knows what to/not to bring it would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

PFC DORN.

P.s, sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Everything you were issued in boot camp. You'll find out that you won't use most of the stuff and it'll be put in storage, however since you go right to your MOS School from MCT, you'll need your stuff there, such as uniforms and what not.

Best of luck to you at MCT and Congrats on earning the title, devil dog.

Thank you Lance Corporal.

PFC DORN

Like mentioned. Everything that you took home from bootcamp goes to MCT.

I also suggest bringing Cavilian attire. You are more then likly going straight to your MOS school. It really sucks being the one who can't go off base because you'r waiting for civys to be shipped to you. I also suggest bringing your cell phone, Ipod, and whatever little acceries you want for MOS school.

You will not be allowed to use this stuff in MCT. They will tell you to put it in one of your see bags with your civys, and it will be left in storage with everyone elses in your Co. I do recomend you leave it all in that bag. I seen a few people made examples of. They got caught with phones halfway through MCT and got an NJP, all over a simple text that couldn't wait a month.

Oh, by the way, the only part about MCT I enjoyed was firing off the weapons. Other than that, it was lame. Push through it and you'll really start enjoying the Marine Corps when you go to MOS School and get to go out and hang out after work at a normal hour, such as 1630.

Quick question, is it really necessary to bring my dress blues?

Not for MCT, but you'll probably need them in MOS School for a uniform inspection. I went to Comm School and we had an inspection of all our uniforms hanging in our wall locker near the end of school.

Quote Originally Posted by PBD View Post
    Quick question, is it really necessary to bring my dress blues?
    While its not unheard of for people to get their blues sent to their MOS school so they don't have to bring it to SOI, I'd recommend doing it anyways. You should always have your full uniform issue, even if you think you know you have no shot at wearing them.

I also just noticed you will be attending SOI West for MCT. You may get Thanksgiving off, and by off I mean you may get paired up with a rich family who wants to adopt Marines for a day. I'm pretty sure those Marines were in some form of the blues last year, but my memory is a bit shaky on it. Don't freak out too much though. Two of my buddies had Thanksgiving dinner with Bruce Willis.

West Coast? Pfft, nevermind. You'll get weekend libo and cellphone use. East Coast got none of that trash!

Thread Information