Indicating MOS preferences and how much they actually mean
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Indicating MOS preferences and how much they actually mean

Hello all,

I have a few questions about likely hood of being placed into "indicated" MOS'.

Brief background: I'm a mechanical engineer but have always felt a need to serve in our armed forces. My granddad and dad both were career offices and to be honest, sitting behind a desk, I don't feel that my life is going to have much of an impact. So I've been looking into enlisting as an officer.

I know that going in as an officer, you do get to indicate my preferences but was curious how much this ways vs. the corps needs? I know that individual performance is factored in as well.

Thank you for the help,
    M. McMahan

Beef up your profile and search the forums. Recently some OCS graduates have been enumerating parts of the process in the Ask-A-Marine section.

If you want a shot at your dream MOS then you've got to be at the top of your class. Make sure you know what you're getting into and do some more research on the subject.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I'll search again.

Thank you for the input.

I really want to be a Combat Engineer and from all the research, including a thesis from a few years back, it sounds like a very good fit. I've also been asking a few Marines that I know. They actually stated that they'd me as 'wasted talent' if the Corps placing me elsewhere. So I guess that means I should test well for it. Only one way to find that out!

Thread Information