Utility Wear
Create Post

Thread: Utility Wear

Utility Wear

I graduated Friday from Boot Camp. On the 23rd I'm heading back to BMP. I'm a bit confused as to what I am or am not allowed to wear under utilities right now. What kind of socks, shorts, and shirts? How about headgear and gloves?

Are there any items I should consider purchasing for now or for SOI? Goretex, Camelbak, that kind of stuff?

We spent a lot of time going over how to wear the service and dress uniform, but I'm a bit clueless as to the wear of the utilities.

"Teach a man to fish..."-- where can I find the references if I have similar questions in the future?

You can wear anything...or the lack of, under your cammies, as long as you have a green shirt (it's optional, actually, same as a white shirt under your chucks, but it just looks like crap). For the gloves, I would advise getting those cayote type fleece ones they sell at the MCX for $40, it's going to get cold, and they really do keep your hands warm, plus they are authorized to wear in cammies. I was in Parris Island BMP, so if you have any more questions, just PM me.

In addition to the Official Word, you have to adhere to base and/or CO rules. These can differ, so ask. You can make an argument, and flash MCO's...which is what I did when I was a young Marine, but I wouldn't recommend it. Cooperate to graduate. But like Monk said...figure something out for cold weather gear. Not sure if you'll get anything issued, but it'll be chilly there this time of year.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Don't wear women's underwear.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    Don't wear women's underwear.
    Yes, you should definetely remove her underwear first.

I am sorry to be the only one out of the loop here, but WTF is BMP?

Basic Marine Platoon????? so he got broken in boot camp and they let him graduate????? that's my guess. I'm feeling left out just like you FD.

Quote Originally Posted by Petz View Post
    Basic Marine Platoon????? so he got broken in boot camp and they let him graduate????? that's my guess. I'm feeling left out just like you FD.
    Glad I am not the only one. How do you graduate if you are broke?? Is MRP and PCP gone?

no, he can't leave the island if he has some break he might have been smart enough to conceal until after the crucible or some crap like that. MRP and PCP are for recruits, if you graduate and are not 100% they keep you, this should include fractures concussions and other such surgery type med holds.

Depending on what you have they'll let you graduate. My buddy broke is ankle on the crucible and still graduated with us, then got his 10 days leave, but had to go back to PI to stay for another 1.5 months.

yeah, that's exactly what I was talking about. since you got more training you got to do, they aren't going to pass the buck on his recovery to someone else.

Thread Information