Do new Marines recieve dress blues after bootcamp?
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do new Marines recieve dress blues after bootcamp?

Do new Marines fresh out of bootcamp recieve a set of dress blues? or is that only for certain people?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by PooleeMichaelT View Post
    Do new Marines fresh out of bootcamp recieve a set of dress blues? or is that only for certain people?
    My word, are you actually asking THAT question?

You receive them in O2 Clothing, right before Phase 2, but they'll stay cramped up inside your sea bag until you graduate as you won't wear them in boot camp.

If your west coast you will receive them in phase three. You will not wear them at all in RT unless your the guide at graduation.

I am new to this, so cut me some slack ok. I should be able to ask q's without getting grief from you people.

Us people? We're Marines buddy, you can ask whatever question you want, but most of us people think you should be concerned with stuff that matters, not what you wanna wear at home to show off that you've graduated.

I am new to this, so cut me some slack ok. I should be able to ask q's without getting grief from you people.
    You'll get the same treatment when you get to bootcamp and you won't get any slack. And as mentioned both in the rules and by another poster we are Marines and should be addressed as such.

Credits
    Savings
    Ewe People ?
    Do we appear to be Female Sheep?

RESPECT Juinor will get you a long way towards surviving

This Marine had to buy his "Blues".
    Finished boot in 1954.
    They cost me $200.00 but are worth any amount.

From what I'm told, we actually still pay for the Blues and other uniforms, but obviously the Marine Corps takes it directly out of our paychecks in the beginning of boot camp so you won't really notice it.

You'll learn fast not to get smart with some of the Marines on these forums. Some take it quite personal and will begin an all out attack on you. Just keep it chill, respect the Marines, and go earn that title young one.

Quote Originally Posted by dizark View Post
    From what I'm told, we actually still pay for the Blues and other uniforms, but obviously the Marine Corps takes it directly out of our paychecks in the beginning of boot camp so you won't really notice it.

You'll learn fast not to get smart with some of the Marines on these forums. Some take it quite personal and will begin an all out attack on you. Just keep it chill, respect the Marines, and go earn that title young one.
    I'll go a bit further and say we don't even get a first paycheck at boot camp.

I just checked my Feb 07 LES. The very first paycheck I got in the Marine Corps was for a whopping $9.39. (and that's counting BAH with and FSA)

They deducted $296.18 for uniforms (I didn't get issued blues), and $300.00 for the Smart Card.

I'd watch your tone there young man when speaking to Marines.
    If you had used the search bar, you would've found the answer to your question before making another thread on this topic.
    Dress Blues
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ootcamp&page=3

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    I just checked my Feb 07 LES. The very first paycheck I got in the Marine Corps was for a whopping $9.39. (and that's counting BAH with and FSA)

They deducted $296.18 for uniforms (I didn't get issued blues), and $300.00 for the Smart Card.
    They're nicer now... they spread out all those costs over your first 3 months of paychecks! =/

I received my Dress Blues free for Marine Barracks Guam. 1979

Thread Information