Husband not able to go active.
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Husband not able to go active.

My husband is supposed to ship out in May but just recently his recruiter told him he may not be able to go active because he married me. I guess if you have a wife and child you aren't able to? He never said anything like this before we got married and told us it was fine to get married. My husband said he's going to have to go fill the paperwork out wensday. Has anyone else heard anything like this? Does anyone know how long it will take for us to know if he will be able to go active after mos school? Thanks.

Fill out all of your profile so the Marines who are going to answer your questions, know who they are talking to, and read the site rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums also.

Now my question to you....from what you are saying, your husband DID NOT go to boot camp yet, so how can you be a Marine Spouse?

I'm sorry I didn't know what else to put.

You should have put Marine Friend, not Marine Spouse.

I am not sure Marine Friend works either.

To quickly answer your question in reference to not being able to join Active with a wife, that is false. I joined with a wife and a kid, and have even had another since.

Okay I fixed it. I guess Marine friend would be the right one because it said (not a service member). Thank you for the help.

Computer age young people who don't know how to use Google to search a forum?

They made things easy as using a button for any site specific search of a forum or website.

Quote Originally Posted by dROD20 View Post
    I am out here on camp Foster right now. On a lighter note, any advice for new Marines out here in Oki?

Here is some advice: Stay away from the soapies, stay away from the ***** houses, and dont fight cab drivers....ever.

Last edited by Sgt Leprechaun; 03-30-10 at 03:26 AM.

And to help answer the question....Waivers are difficult to obtain at this point. I know for a fact my local RS is NOT taking wannabees with more than 2 dependants (That would be a wife and 1 kid type of thing, any more than that they are turning down). It's possible the local RS where you are is even more restrictive.

He would need a waiver no matter what (dependant) which is normal. Perhaps you just misunderstood the recruiter (or he did). It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Computer age young people who don't know how to use Google to search a forum?

They made things easy as using a button for any site specific search of a forum or website.

Agreed, HOWEVER.... I've noticed a lot of people on this site don't realize that Marine Spouses are not privileged to read ALL of the forums that may address some of these issues.

Frankly, I think it's my hormones, but I'm getting pretty tired of people telling spouses that we need to search forums or treating us like we're dumb for not being able to see the other posts...

If people can search and see, they should, but a lot of us have asked questions (i.e. my thread on the spouse forum about Military Discounts) because we weren't able to read the other sections of Leatherneck.

Please be respectful of people and their questions, because you do not know who they are, where they come from, or why they are asking. I believe people are starting to jump down people's throats because they feel as though they're entitled to, not because they should...

BTW.. my response isn't just to you, its to all the people who may not realize the fact that some people can't see all posts on this site, and to the people who don't care that their posts might be offensive to others.

Quote Originally Posted by DobbinsBlythe View Post
    Agreed, HOWEVER.... I've noticed a lot of people on this site don't realize that Marine Spouses are not privileged to read ALL of the forums that may address some of these issues.

Frankly, I think it's my hormones, but I'm getting pretty tired of people telling spouses that we need to search forums or treating us like we're dumb for not being able to see the other posts...

If people can search and see, they should, but a lot of us have asked questions (i.e. my thread on the spouse forum about Military Discounts) because we weren't able to read the other sections of Leatherneck.

Please be respectful of people and their questions, because you do not know who they are, where they come from, or why they are asking. I believe people are starting to jump down people's throats because they feel as though they're entitled to, not because they should...

BTW.. my response isn't just to you, its to all the people who may not realize the fact that some people can't see all posts on this site, and to the people who don't care that their posts might be offensive to others.
    Maybe they should find another forum site to cry and complain on if they are unable to handle the criticism that comes with a site that is meant for the Marine Corps. These arn't boy/girl scouts on this forum site, their Marines, so you should come to expect and accept the fact that you will be talked to in an abraisive and sometimes offensive manner. Don't like it? Join an Army forum site.

Anyways....

The recruiter now has to do paperwork so your husband gets paid correctly and the Marine Corps knows there are dependents. I supposed coming in with dependents is a bit of a headache and apparently there are enough applicants that the Corps can be selective as others alluded to.

Well there is always the reserves...but your husband would have to get a civilian job and reconcile the two, which can be aggravating. Good luck with whatever happens,

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Socal2361 View Post
    Maybe they should find another forum site to cry and complain on if they are unable to handle the criticism that comes with a site that is meant for the Marine Corps. These arn't boy/girl scouts on this forum site, their Marines, so you should come to expect and accept the fact that you will be talked to in an abraisive and sometimes offensive manner. Don't like it? Join an Army forum site.

Sergeant, would you use that same tone with the spouse of one of your Marines? I think not. The lady has a valid point.

Some of the forums are restricted/blocked for a reason.

There are sufficient forums available that address the issues/questions spouses or non-Marines may have.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksgted View Post
    Sergeant, would you use that same tone with the spouse of one of your Marines? I think not. The lady has a valid point.
    I guess your right, spouses can be considered the exception. My apologies.

Thread Information