Things sent to boot camp?
Create Post

Things sent to boot camp?

Hello Marines,

I leave for Recruit Training here in about 26 days. What type of things are people are allowed to send you while you are in boot camp? I have heard that its good to wait until like week 3 or 4. Any response is very much appreciated.

Thanks again MARINES

Good to wait to week 3 or 4 for what? Mail? well it will probably be up to your SDI. But our SDI allowed us to receive protein bars, cough drops, and gatorade mix.

yea we never got any of that stuff that rg2o3 did. letters was about it...care packages (like food) where allowed ONLY if there was enough for the ENTIRE platoon and that was only during third phase. they'll tell you what to tell your parents/friends what they can/cannot send you.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Don't have anything sent to bootcamp except letters! Your last day you will have to cram everything into a sea bag, a war bag, and a hanging bag. Any excess stuff you will end up throwing away. Just request your family and friends send you letters.

There will be plenty of time later on for mom to send you a box of brownies.

Credits
    Savings
    We had a recruit recieve a care package of oreo's while we were in first phase. I bet he didn't think he could be made to hate oreo's, but he was!! So I would avoid having oreo's sent.

Only letters and religious material. Definately no food; any and all food was confiscated.

But sometimes the DI does allow contraband. I mailed my brother a 'male blow-up doll' when he was in boot; he was allowed to keep it and sleep with it every night.

Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post
    Only letters and religious material. Definately no food; any and all food was confiscated.

But sometimes the DI does allow contraband. I mailed my brother a 'male blow-up doll' when he was in boot; he was allowed to keep it and sleep with it every night.
    Aww, how nice of you.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post

Wow! I'm glad you're not my blood sister. I'll bet he had some choice words for you.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yeah, have them keep it to letters only until (if) your SDI gives you different
    instructions.

My platoon had some guys get packages and the results were not pretty.

a kid in my platoon got a bunch of army strong stickers from his dad, who was an army major. the DI's stuck them on recruits that were falling back on humps.

Quote Originally Posted by tangovictor87 View Post
    a kid in my platoon got a bunch of army strong stickers from his dad, who was an army major. the DI's stuck them on recruits that were falling back on humps.
    Hahahhahha... PRICELESS!

Credits
    Savings
    "They" can send anything they want to.
    Question is what do you want "them" to send?
    Semper Fi

Quite a few recruits in my platoon got sent protein bars, but we really never ate them...our SDI passed them out usually once a week at mail time, but we had two foot lockers FULL of them. Yea...well, that turned into a game lol.

Our DI's made a few recruits pick up the (seriously like 100lb footlocker) and run from the SDI hut to the front hatch, and back...in 30 seconds. If you didn't make it, well, do it again, and again, until you do! So, in short...no, don't have anything sent to you, you'll probably pay for it.

Thread Information