Some Basic Questions
Create Post

Question Some Basic Questions

Hey, this is my first post on the site. I'm considering the DEP when I turn 17 (less than half a year), but that isn't likely to go over too well with my parents, so I'll have to wait until 18.

I'm currently slightly overweight, at 210 or 215 (it varies day to day) and 6' 2".

At any rate, I've been thinking about going to a recruitment office when it becomes a possibility for me and getting myself into shape, but I've had a few questions.

I've tried contacting a recruiting office about these questions, but the only responses I've gotten are responses telling me that I'm not old enough yet.

To stop beating around the proverbial bush, I do need to get in shape. I can't do ANY pullups (much to my dismay, of course) and my running isn't up to par. Luckily, I need very little work on pushups, and my sit-ups / crunches are top-knotch (I go beyond 120 and hardly break a sweat. I've made sure I'm using proper technique, too.)

My primary question is, in the immediate future, should my parents allow me to, would a recruiter be willing to hook me up with some sort of advance training? If so, what would I be able to expect from the schedule? Would it interfere with school?

The Corps' website has been of little help to me, since they can't tell me much due to legal restrictions. I'm aware I can't join yet, but of course I understand the reasons for the restrictive policies.

Any help learning what to expect from the DEP would be appreciated, and any tips that anyone may have for diet / exercise regiments that fit in with a 8 to 3 school schedule would be invaluable to my preparation.

Thanks a lot!

HEY profile up.

Thread Information