Hi Wanting to know if
Create Post

Hi Wanting to know if

Hi Im a junoir in Highschool, my parents dont want me to become a marine but Im really thinking about going to MIT and or SDSU. Is there any other jobs than just infantry? Im already taking college classes at my local community college and dont want it to go to waste. My Family is freaking out Ill come back a robot or just a flag. Its very frustrating, can anyone help? Thanks.

There are a lot of technical jobs in the Marines, it's not just Infantry, even though we all get some Infantry training. Here's a list of the jobs in the USMC.

If you think the only thing in the Marine Corps is Infantry...well, you have a LOT of research to do before you even think about joining. You obviously don't know anything about it, so I would suggest researching everything you can. Doing this will allow you to give more specific questions that we can help answer, but you need to know as much as you can before hand.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    In addition to what these two Marines said.....do a search in the Poolee Forum and Ask A Marine about how others dealt or are dealing with family issues about joining the Marine Corps.

My advice would be the same do research and more research and then have a Marine recruiter have a sit down talk with your parents and have him give them the current scoop.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexmc View Post
    Hi Im a junoir in Highschool, my parents dont want me to become a marine but Im really thinking about going to MIT and or SDSU. Is there any other jobs than just infantry? Im already taking college classes at my local community college and dont want it to go to waste. My Family is freaking out Ill come back a robot or just a flag. Its very frustrating, can anyone help? Thanks.
    First off Marine or Marines is to be captialized at all times.

It won't hurt to have your recruiter come to your house to talk to your parents. You will change a lot as a person once you become a Marine. You won't see things in this world the same as civilians do.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexmc View Post
    You're thinking of going to MIT, you should be smart enough to do research and make a profile.

Yes Just dont have time right now I get a little five minutes here and there. Right now Im working on how to create a sever based network. Ha stressing really. Sorry about the Marine with no Caps.

Thread Information