Has any other poolees dates got pushed back?
Create Post

Has any other poolees dates got pushed back?

i just found out im not leaving till after christmas now and i was supposed to ship this sunday!

This is the fourth time they changed my date. im a little upset cause i quit my job thinking i was leaving.

Did they give you any reason? Because if they push me back i will have a freak out. Im quitting my job and everything. There is a ton of pooless at my station so i dont see why they would push anyone back but you never know.

Parris Island is at capacity. They are looking for reasons to get rid of poolees in RSS Temple Terrace, and I assume everywhere else. Dates are being pushed back, nothing you can do about it but hang tight. Stay focused, because as it stands right now, you need the MARINE CORPS more then it needs you.

My ship date when I signed in October they said I was going 20091201 now they told me that I dont leave till 20100412. Im hoping to get back out though sooner than this. My understanding is that San Diego was full also so that is why I am not leaving till next year.

Sorry to hear about. But to everyone else, nothing is certain. Don't quit your job! I'm crossing my fingers that my date doesn't get changed. I'm planned to leave 20091207.

However on the plus side you get to be with your family at Christmas.

ps work on those pull-ups

yea i was suppose to leave jan 19 2010 but now till feb 22 2010 because the month i enlisted they over enlisted so they pushed it back! =(

I was supposed to leave 20091116 but now they told me 20091201 its not that far away but i did quit my job. So i have no income for all my bills. Everything happens for a reason and i can't change it, so i am just dealing with it.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    That's not that bad dude - you have 57 crunches and 3 pull ups. They wouldn't even let people into the DEP when i went to MEPS if they couldn't do 5 pull ups. You don't want to go doing minimum pull ups AND crunches like that going into boot camp - you should get 100 crunches before you go and try for 10+ pull ups.
    I want my date pushed FORWARD but that's never gonna happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Mulls View Post
    That's not that bad dude - you have 57 crunches and 3 pull ups. They wouldn't even let people into the DEP when i went to MEPS if they couldn't do 5 pull ups. You don't want to go doing minimum pull ups AND crunches like that going into boot camp - you should get 100 crunches before you go and try for 10+ pull ups.
    I want my date pushed FORWARD but that's never gonna happen...
    My date was pushed backward, forward, then back a little again. So your date might get pushed forward. Never say never. LOL

Thread Information