Looking for Ken B. Johnson
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mistybluelady
    Guest Free Member

Looking for Ken B. Johnson

Looking for marine Ken Bruce Johnson from Batten Rouge. Was in Jeddah in 1989, the Ethiopia, then Madagasgar, was hurt and sent to hospital in Germany. The last I heard in California, it was there we lost touch. Heard he could have been killed while on leave during a robbery. Can anyone help me find out? I know only the first names of some of the guys who were with him in Saudi, Alex Gonsalves, Doug, Herb, Gunny's name was Derek. Anything will help. God Bless and thanks.

Hi mistybluelady I have 2 sisters down in the Batten Rouge area. I will give them a call to see if they may know Ken and if so maybe they can tell me how to get in touch with him for you . I will let you know some thing Friday Night remind me on my email it is kfisbusy@centurytel.net I can call them in the moring. SSGT. Francisco

I checked on another Marine website, and they have 2 Ken Johnsons on there, but I do not have access to see their details(my membership expired). Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Mistybluelady
    Guest Free Member
    thank you so much. I know his mom's name was Ruby Smith, I am going to post a picture. I just need alittle closure here.

Mistybluelady
    Guest Free Member
    thank you. His birthday was Jan 27, 1969. When I last talked to him he was in California . That was in 2000. Then we lost touch. He had called me in 2001 and left me a strange message about not coming back from where he was going this time. Another marine friend seems to think he was killed in 2003-2004 in Batten Rouge during a robbery. I just need to know. Tried finding his mom after the hurrican but no luck. Thanks again. God Bless

Some folks don't want to be found.....

That is why I will go threw my sisters frist. If they know him I will have them ask if I can give out the info. on him. If not I won't say know more about the matter. SSGT. Francisco

Quote Originally Posted by Mistybluelady View Post
    thank you. His birthday was Jan 27, 1969. When I last talked to him he was in California . That was in 2000. Then we lost touch. He had called me in 2001 and left me a strange message about not coming back from where he was going this time. Another marine friend seems to think he was killed in 2003-2004 in Batten Rouge during a robbery. I just need to know. Tried finding his mom after the hurrican but no luck. Thanks again. God Bless
    Mistyblue, I'm from Baton Rouge. I know the story you are referring to. There was a road rage issue with a couple of drivers that led off the interstate (I-10) and into a gas station parking lot. I was trying to join the Marine Corps at time and I specifically remember the news people saying a Marine MSgt was killed in the incident.

Now, I don't know if it was him, but there aren't many MSgt Marines running around B.R., LA.

Sorry for your loss.

Mistybluelady
    Guest Free Member
    Thank you all.... after all these years of searching, finally today his sister found me.. I appreciate this site as she found me thru here.... God Bless to all

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Wonderful News Lisa !!!
    I hope you find the Closure that you sought.

God Bless You Also.

Your Friend,
    Rocky

Credits
    Savings
    Lisa

Just asking in case there maybe another Marine who has questions ..
    Are you able to post any details about the incident?
    Perhaps down the road, another Marine may come looking for information on the
    same Marine.

Semper Fidelis Marines

Mistybluelady
    Guest Free Member
    hi Ed....
    here is a portion of her letter to me....

Anyways, We appreciate you being concerned about our brother and trying to locate him. The replies to your post were sort of on point as to what happened to him. He lived in New Orleans but was here in Baton Rouge for a Marine Conference in 2003 and he and one of my other brothers hung out and went to their old high schools football game. On their way back home, they stopped at a gas station and not intentionally cut sum guys off who were pulling out of the gas station. the other guys got upset and began to argue with Ken and my other brother. Next thing you know, the guys pulled out guns and shot Ken then stood over him and shot him 4 more times. It has beem a Great loss for our family and his friends but we know that he is in a better place. He was married and at the time he had a 4yr old daughter who is now 12. she is the spitting image of him too! ...Well, I wanted to give you sum closure as to your "Missing Friend"

Mistybluelady
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhode Island View Post
    Wonderful News Lisa !!!
    I hope you find the Closure that you sought.

God Bless You Also.

Your Friend,
    Rocky

thanks Rocky!

Hi Mistybluelady

I don't know if you are still looking for Ken. I see you posted you were looking for him some years ago. He was older brother. He pasted away in 2003.

Mistybluelady
    Guest Free Member
    Hi there... his sister Peaches found me and is now my friend on facebook. Your his younger brother? Welcome to Leatherneck. I found my answers and stopped looking , the next time I will be looking for him will be at the gates....

Thread Information