Corpsman Up! - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Corpsman Up!

Doc h.

And everyone else involved here.

I understand that tests are all a part of it.
    but the real "test" is how you preform when
    as our old Gunny said, "when the rubber meets the road"
    In my opinion, I don't give a rat's a$$ if you pushed ibuprophen
    in a line unit and nothing else. If you were good at it and did your
    best everyday to do your job, then by God test be damned
    BTW. I was never very good at tests either.
    But I can Shoot and run like a psyco to this day.
    43 years young and still doing it!

Smitty

Quote Originally Posted by Danny C Smith View Post
    Anchor clangin pill pusher!
    when I was at the Stumps the pill was
    Ibuprophin. Ther fix all end all wonder drug of
    choice of our Docs.
    I remember Doc Stone was our Bn. Surgon.
    Called him Sir as he wore shiny stuff on his collar
    He never objected.
    Didn't talk to you like an Officer though.
    Just another damn good Doc doing a damn good job.
    This one's on me Docs

Smitty
    HM stands for "Heres Motrin(Ibuprofen)"

I like your stories gentlemen.
    What di9d I just call youI woke up with our Doc lookiing down at me once Danny, and Oledoc, I never knew that getting drunk was a probloem, I found it very easy. OohRaa!
    (Quietly)

I am a doc who served with the Corps at Camp Pendleton from 1985 - 1987. I got to the front gate on the back of my Virago in 1985. The guard wouldn't let me on. Said the commandant didn't like motorcycles. I had just traveled over a thousand miles down from Canada. This was when my love for the Corps began.
    Had a friend in Vista who was a retired gunny, he got me on base. Two months later I went through the Anglico HellWeek for their pre - jump school. Passed the PFT (maxed it in fact) to get in the school. Didn't finish as I was a Med battalion corpsman, andthere was no funding to get us into jump school.
    But the marines who went through the HellWeek said it was no harder than your bootcamp. Maybe as hard. I went through this week to prove that I am competent enough to be a devil doc.
    AND I am damned proud I made it. OOOOooorah!

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    ...WELCOME HOME, NUMBNUTS!!! Very glad that you are posting! If you get a chance...post something on the "Evening, or Morning Zephyr"....WE ALL WELCOME YOU!!.....Doc Greek....

Welcome Aboard Jeff And Welcome.

Stephen

In my day it was 16 weeks. Then another 4 weeks for FMF training.

FMF training is now longer I have read. And Corps school "may" be shorter.

But I am not 100% sure of the current length.

Last edited by Sgt Leprechaun; 06-11-10 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HM3doc View Post
    I am a doc who served with the Corps at Camp Pendleton from 1985 - 1987. I got to the front gate on the back of my Virago in 1985. The guard wouldn't let me on. Said the commandant didn't like motorcycles. I had just traveled over a thousand miles down from Canada. This was when my love for the Corps began.
    Had a friend in Vista who was a retired gunny, he got me on base. Two months later I went through the Anglico HellWeek for their pre - jump school. Passed the PFT (maxed it in fact) to get in the school. Didn't finish as I was a Med battalion corpsman, andthere was no funding to get us into jump school.
    But the marines who went through the HellWeek said it was no harder than your bootcamp. Maybe as hard. I went through this week to prove that I am competent enough to be a devil doc.
    AND I am damned proud I made it. OOOOooorah!
    Welcome Doc from a fellow Anglican. We didn't have a hell week when I was in. I knew a sgt who took me under his wing who transferred to my unit from recon. 1st Force. They had my scrawny little arse for just one day for a full day of PE plus continual harassment, of course. From 0630 till 1630. When I went back to my unit at Pendleton I hit the sack and at 0530 the following morning I could barely get out of the sack. Thank God it was a weekend because after formation we were allowed to lay on our bunks during the daytime. As i recall i don't ever remember any corpsman attached to our unit over in Nam. I do however remember the calls for CORPSMAN. They NEVER hesitated!!! They are without a doubt the MOST UNDERAPPRECIATED soilders of Viet Nam. God Bless them all!!! SF

Hey, guess what? Disrespect gets an IMMEDIATE EXTRACTION FOREVER. You don't rate.

The black helicopters have spoken.

Sorry, SGT. Leprochaun. I am not sure why I got the message about disrespect. I sure dinna mean any if it seemed that way.
    HMdoc

Quote Originally Posted by HM3doc View Post
    Sorry, SGT. Leprochaun. I am not sure why I got the message about disrespect. I sure dinna mean any if it seemed that way.
    HMdoc
    Don't worry, Sgt Leprechaun didn't mean you. It was Marine Friend CoryjB, who was posting in the wrong forum to begin with, and being disrespectful.

Exactly. 'Doc, you are right as rain.

Great to see all the Docs and all of the responses
    here. Awesome.

To whoever fixed my half drunk and jacked up
    spelling of Corpsman. Thank you very much.
    There was no disrespect intended.
    I just didn't know how to fix it.
    Computertarted you know and I'm not learning any faster

Smitty, there's a 5 minute rule on editing your post. Anything after that, you can't edit.

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    Smitty, there's a 5 minute rule on editing your post. Anything after that, you can't edit.
    Thank you much WMarine, I'll remember that

Thread Information